• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 AFC Flyde.

I thought Fylde did a number on us.

Wouldn't let us play out from the back and had an absolute beast he headed everything.

They pressed us to death and had a guy up front who was rapid and ripped Demetriou a new one for their second.

End of the day. We literally have a team giving their all but legs are tired and a back four missing a left back, right back and centre half is always going to struggle against a team like that.

Keep going boys and you will get my support.

I’ve a mate who refs at the conference level, asked him about it and he said the following.

Referee flapped it.

View attachment 28992
I was saying at the game that in rugby union now, if the ref stops the game for a suspected head injury the player has to leave the field for a compulsory concussion assessment - if football introduced the same then that would soon stop the play acting!

(I think rugby allow a temporary replacement too, and we obviously don’t want to allow that)

You have to say it it don't matter how bad the display yesterday How the he'll can anyone knock these players Sp many are not only running on empty But what other club has to put out injured player because they don't have anyone else's .Ron the rat I hope while you sit in your ivory tower in benfleet. That you suffer some ill health because you deserve punishment for what you have done to the club and players And coaches you horrible little man

I wasn’t there as I’m away. But again it sounds like the players did their best. It’s remarkable we’re getting the results we are to be honest. We’re beyond the ‘bare bones’ now, players out of position .. players almost coming out of retirement (Martin, JD) .. players playing through injury. Surely they’re all beyond criticism at this point..criticism can only be aimed at one person.

Those players yesterday, that management team. They gave it their all. Their hearts were willing but many of their bodies were broken. Some of them are playing with the kind of injury they would usually be sidelined with for a couple of weeks to recover. At what point does this became a question of a neglect in the duty of care of their mental and physical well being? Three weeks of Tuesday/Saturday games is far too much to expect this small squad to deal with.

Fylde were a big, strong team who came with a game plan and obviously couldn't believe their luck to score so early on, meaning they could play act and con the ref for pretty much the whole of the game. They doubled up on Bridge and knew that Cav wasn't a defender so put their quickest runner on him. He went past him several times with ease until Cav started working him out and getting tackles in. He switched to Demi's side for much of the 2nd half. Bridge also wasn't getting the overlaps that Ralph does so was more isolated.

Of course we didn't know about Harry Taylor's food poisoning before the match, but we need him back for Tuesday, poor Demi, love him, but he was running through quicksand at times. I'm sure he never expected to be playing so many games.

Wes was clearly out of sorts, but it's not unusual to see him have the odd bad game but apparently, he was another playing with an injury. Mooney was another playing with loads of strapping.

Officials were awful, well, certainly the ref and the West stand lino. Conned every time and yet twice, at least, I saw Harry Cardwell being made a sandwich of and fouled. Ollie Kensdale was also fouled badly and they gave nothing. Those "head injuries" need to be better dealt with. Only genuine one was their big defender who came back on with a new shirt with no number and plugs up his nose!

I've not seen the highlights but I'm pretty sure we should have done better with their first goal, however, these guys are giving it their all so it would be wrong to bash them. The anger needs to be directed at one man and one man only.

Martin - 7, couple of decent saves
Mooney - 6
Demi - 6
Kensdale - 7
Miley - 8, MOTM
Coker - 7
Fonguck - 6
Husin - 7
Wood - 7
Cardwell - 7

Looked leggy Tuesday night and today looked like they were dead … heart breaking to watch and we have to play again Tuesday night … it’s not like we have state of the art recovery facilities. No wonder flyde get **** crowds like a rugby team … although the were harder tougher and better than us yesterday .. we have 13 players two of them are coaches it’s a ****ing miracle we are not getting tonked 5-0 every week , luckily we probably won’t be around by the time the players get to that point. My last point I thought the new lad was really poor Tuesday and we may have well of played with 10 when he came on, heart breaking that we are having to use players of his ability

Agree with much of what's been said. Underperforming for obvious reasons but Fylde not worst team we've seen and looked good going forward. Targetted Miley and Bridge from the off.

One small thing I noticed. During the game John Gowans stood on seats at the back of the dugout and spoke to someone in front row of directors box. He then went and spoke in Kev's ear and then Vilhete was brought on. I'm guessing it was John Still but couldn't make out (someone from the Easts might know) and if so I suspect that he knows Vilhete best (where he can play etc) or he has some tactical input and not just scouting.

Maher keeps going on about the players needing rest and they are knackered but it's just an excuse! What I mean is if we wasn't in the position we are in with all the hoopla surrounding the club wouldn't we still be playing Tuesday-Saturday and aren't players paid to play then and haven't they always been? I get if we had a few more players we can make subs but don't footballers want to play in every game?

Maher keeps going on about the players needing rest and they are knackered but it's just an excuse! What I mean is if we wasn't in the position we are in with all the hoopla surrounding the club wouldn't we still be playing Tuesday-Saturday and aren't players paid to play then and haven't they always been? I get if we had a few more players we can make subs but don't footballers want to play in every game?
Footballers want to play every game they can. But they pick up knocks and niggles which mean they can't. We can't rest those players when we normally would because of one man only.

:Facepalm:

The boys looked knackered, unsurprisingly.

I feel like their early goal knocked the stuffing out of us and in a desperate attempt to get back into the game quickly, our composure and decision-making ability left the building. We let them suck us into going long, which we don't usually do.

If we'd got heads down and continued to play our game/dictate the pace like we usually do then we may have got back into it earlier but they're a difficult team to break down, even more so when going a goal down.

I was surprised to find out that Fylde were professional, as they looked like a typical semi-pro team to me. A team lacking in ability but organised and full of endeavour, and packed full of a combination of cloggers, gym bros and regular pub attendees.

For such a physically imposing team they seemed to go down like they'd been shot at the slightest touch. Embarrassing sometimes really, even more so the referee who continually fell for it. We were a bit naïve though and didn't fight cute with cute.

Other than that, very difficult to say a word against these boys considering what they're going through. Onto the next.

Footballers want to play every game they can. But they pick up knocks and niggles which mean they can't. We can't rest those players when we normally would because of one man only.
Don't. Don't even bother responding to him with logic. It's a waste of your time. He knows that what he's typing is complete and utter bollocks, and he's just looking for a rise.

I also thought Vilhete added some nice energy off the bench, got about quite well and was involved in some nice link up play as we were pushing for an equaliser.

Not sure on his fitness levels but I’d expect him to come in for the next game for sure.

Not a target at all, take a chill pill for once, you’ll have a Connery.
An observation that he twists and turns but ends up going nowhere, injury or not he has run out of ideas…..thought it was a forum not a , might upset someone nursery.
Appreciate we are knackered and short of personnel but he used to be a supply line and now for whatever reason he is not…..no opinions allowed on Wokezone anymore?
We won against Maidenhead and you still targeted Bridge on the post match thread. People that spend their time bringing down others, like you do with whoever your target is usually means they aren't happy with themsleves
As I said before, Bridge is carrying an injury so isn't going to be as effective as when fully fit.
Stop finding the negatives and start looking at the positives, it'll make you a happier person

I also thought Vilhete added some nice energy off the bench, got about quite well and was involved in some nice link up play as we were pushing for an equaliser.

Not sure on his fitness levels but I’d expect him to come in for the next game for sure.

Hasn't he only signed for 7 days?

Agree with much of what's been said. Underperforming for obvious reasons but Fylde not worst team we've seen and looked good going forward. Targetted Miley and Bridge from the off.

One small thing I noticed. During the game John Gowans stood on seats at the back of the dugout and spoke to someone in front row of directors box. He then went and spoke in Kev's ear and then Vilhete was brought on. I'm guessing it was John Still but couldn't make out (someone from the Easts might know) and if so I suspect that he knows Vilhete best (where he can play etc) or he has some tactical input and not just scouting.
Not sure who that was. But we did notice yesterday whilst on the touch line Bentley was Mic’d up with an earpiece and talking to somebody. Everyone else seemed to be on the touch line or in the dug out so must be another watching somewhere.

Back