• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 AFC Flyde.

Players faking head injuries to get the ref to stop the game need carding. Fylde did it at least three times after they went one up, very frustrating.

Lads deserve all the credit in the world, can tell their legs weren’t there today.

Cardwell is boss.
The referee fell for it every time

Off the pace today, when we did take a foothold and equalise, thought we would go on and win. Sadly got caught on the break and game, set and match. Fylde belied their lowly position and probably on the balance of play deserved to win. They were a big, athletic side and showed a desire to win every ball and the game. So much more determination than Maidenhead, they really harried us out of the game. We just did not have enough legs to go again after their second goal, with obvious injuries being carried.

Martin 6
Demetriou 5
Kensdale 6.5
Miley 6.5
Mooney 5.5
Husin 6
Coker 6
Fonguck 5
Bridge 5
Cardwell 7 MOTM
Wood 5.5

Vilhete 5
Powell 4.5

Cardwell gets my MOTM vote for an industrious performance and well taken goal. I know Miley was favoured by sponsors but thought he got skinned a couple of times early first half but was better defensively second half (not a dig as not his natural position). Hopefully we will have some defensive reinforcement ready for Tuesday, ahead of a couple of tricky away games. UTB

Forgive a bit of an emotional post. Walking to the ground today with my grandson and I followed a disabled lad in his wheel chair singing "Martin Out" who was from my wife's school many years back. We got into the South Upper and sat a few seats away from the seats I sat in as a season ticket holder with a great friend for 24 years before my regular match day mate passed away. So much history and such an important part of the local community. We can't let one man destroy all of our memories.

Disappointing result, but we often have a tough time against big strong teams. We just don’t have the same physical ability.

Shame Taylor couldn’t at the back. We needed and badly missed Miley in midfield. The ball was given away far too often and cheaply. We needed Cav to stick his foot on the ball and control possession. Wes had a poor game when compared to his recent games and Bridge was a shadow of last seasons player. Confidence appears to be shot and I genuinely thought he looked disinterested when it came to tracking back or making runs off the ball. The man needs a rest, refresh and a chance to reset.

we’re a real Jekyll and Hyde team at the moment. Need some consistency if we’re going to make upwards progress.

UTB!!

Simply wasn’t about football today.
Disappointing result, but we often have a tough time against big strong teams. We just don’t have the same physical ability.

Shame Taylor couldn’t at the back. We needed and badly missed Miley in midfield. The ball was given away far too often and cheaply. We needed Cav to stick his foot on the ball and control possession. Wes had a poor game when compared to his recent games and Bridge was a shadow of last seasons player. Confidence appears to be shot and I genuinely thought he looked disinterested when it came to tracking back or making runs off the ball. The man needs a rest, refresh and a chance to reset.

we’re a real Jekyll and Hyde team at the moment. Need some consistency if we’re going to make upwards progress.

UTB!!
We need new owners new investors not the players fault with just 12 plus players we will be Jekyll & Hyde impossible to play Saturday & Tuesday plus. Travelling with that small squad

Can’t really fault anyone - although I thought Husin and Cards had good games. They did their homework on us and the ref didn’t help.

I had to change seats at HT as I was next to a moron who was moaning about the fans singing Martin Out and having a pop at some of our players.
You always get some **** the last thing our players need is to hear moaning from the crowd

Were we expecting much else to happen against a physical and organised team?
Possibly as the arrived here today bottom of the table, & having lost their last 4 games?. But after our great performance on Tues, this always had the 'after the lord mayors show' factor about it, which alas it proved to be.
Many have mentioned the team looks knackered, we thought the same, so heaven knows what they'll be like for our next home game in 10 days time after another 2 away games next week?.

So Bridge is your new target is he?
He took a knock a few games ago on his ankle and is having to play through the pain due to Kev not having options due to Ron the Clown and the never ending embargo.

Start knocking the right people and lay off the players. Try and get behind them for once
Not a target at all, take a chill pill for once, you’ll have a Connery.
An observation that he twists and turns but ends up going nowhere, injury or not he has run out of ideas…..thought it was a forum not a , might upset someone nursery.
Appreciate we are knackered and short of personnel but he used to be a supply line and now for whatever reason he is not…..no opinions allowed on Wokezone anymore?

Not a target at all, take a chill pill for once, you’ll have a Connery.
An observation that he twists and turns but ends up going nowhere, injury or not he has run out of ideas…..thought it was a forum not a , might upset someone nursery.
Appreciate we are knackered and short of personnel but he used to be a supply line and now for whatever reason he is not…..no opinions allowed on Wokezone anymore?
What I will say on Bridge today, he was left quite a lot on his own with two defenders. No one really trying to overlap and create an overload to help him.

The right back and right midfielder did a very good job of doubling up on him whenever he got the ball in space. Think it’s more of an issue where we wasn’t creating him space/one on one opportunities today.

<Dear valued customer, We apologize for the cancellation of the game due to faulty equipment on the Southend side. At this time, we cannot confirm any refunds. We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and are actively working towards a solution. We will keep you informed of any updates.
Best regards, <

GOT this earlier from NL livestreaming service.Not impressed. :Angry:
I got the same ,very much not impressed, sent them an Email demanding a refund., told them im not interested in any other team but Southend .

We lost today because of one man. And that wasn't the ref. It was the **** who owns us who's going to get us wound up. I truly believe that was our last ever Saturday home game.

We were outdone by them having a massive centre forward and two massive centre backs. We were miles off the pace, not surprising when the **** has reduced us to 11 players plus whoever can walk.

As an aside, is Lomas unavailable due to money owed? Because other injured players have been replaced.

As a last game it was ****ing ****. And entirely fitting. Ron Martin you are a ****, **** off and I hope never to hear anything of you ever again. ****. ****.

Correct, players for years have done this, but the difference now is that it is only our players that are having to do it every single game. That means it is a completely valid excuse because it is a huge disadvantage.
Fair point. Other teams might have the odd substitute (we have done the same albeit with less prions). However other teams aren't changing who plays every game. If this is an excuse then it's a fitness issue.

Really disappointing reading these comments tonight. Those criticising give your heads a wobble. No we weren’t great, but we could have got something out of the game, the clearance off the line last minute summed up our afternoon.

these players are absolute hero’s and lack of bodies and injuries was always going to catch up with us.
today we had

a goalkeeping coach in goal
a coach at RCB, probably a game to far
a CM at CB
two young lads in midfield
Bridge, Husin and Fonguck all carrying injuries
Cardwell up against two huge units
mooney marked out the game

fylde deserved the win but at times were embarrassing. The 14 at times was trying to play rugby and the 11 fell over every time he was touched. They had a game plan and the ref fell for it every time. But there is only one man to blame for that today and that’s ron

on the bench we had Powell who is only 50% fit, Taylor who had food poisoning and shouldn’t have been anywhere near the ground let alone the bench and a lad who only joined Tuesday.

these boys as a team have been nothing short of hero’s. We’ve won five games and lost five and all five losses could have been positive results. A proper Maher squad with 20 plus players would wipe the floor with that fylde team. Just on the day we didn’t have the energy levels and three or four players playing with injuries

tuesday and Saturday will be tough now. Have to hope that Gus, Taylor and maybe Ralph will be available to help freshen up the starting 11.

but I’m not going to criticise these lads, they just don’t deserve it

Really disappointing reading these comments tonight. Those criticising give your heads a wobble. No we weren’t great, but we could have got something out of the game, the clearance off the line last minute summed up our afternoon.

these players are absolute hero’s and lack of bodies and injuries was always going to catch up with us.
today we had

a goalkeeping coach in goal
a coach at RCB, probably a game to far
a CM at CB
two young lads in midfield
Bridge, Husin and Fonguck all carrying injuries
Cardwell up against two huge units
mooney marked out the game

fylde deserved the win but at times were embarrassing. The 14 at times was trying to play rugby and the 11 fell over every time he was touched. They had a game plan and the ref fell for it every time. But there is only one man to blame for that today and that’s ron

on the bench we had Powell who is only 50% fit, Taylor who had food poisoning and shouldn’t have been anywhere near the ground let alone the bench and a lad who only joined Tuesday.

these boys as a team have been nothing short of hero’s. We’ve won five games and lost five and all five losses could have been positive results. A proper Maher squad with 20 plus players would wipe the floor with that fylde team. Just on the day we didn’t have the energy levels and three or four players playing with injuries

tuesday and Saturday will be tough now. Have to hope that Gus, Taylor and maybe Ralph will be available to help freshen up the starting 11.

but I’m not going to criticise these lads, they just don’t deserve it
Absolutely spot on 👍 they are all hero's and we should all be so grateful they are with us till the bitter end when it would have been so much easier to leave for a job with a future and a guaranteed wage.

Anyone on here slagging the management team or players off clearly haven't grasped what has been and is going on, would you go to work not knowing if you had a job or not in 2 weeks or if you will get paid? Get real people.

Kev and the boys are true blues and will go down as legends 👏👏👏

💙

Last edited:
Back