• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Gateshead 1-1 Southend United

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Two teams trying to play football. That was a great result when you think of how high flying Gateshead have been recently, With our very limited squad we could not have hoped for more.

No doubt about it they are a very good side and to go there and get a point out of it is testament to the lads and how their mindset is. They never give up.

They were much much better than us but couldn't finish a bag of crisps.

That said we had one or two gilt edged chances we didn't finish either. All in a great result with a midfield containing Taylor ( 100 percent centre back now) and mooney who's like playing with 10 men.

Was it me or did their pitch look massive!

Absolutely take that. A point on the road against a good team who’ll be in and around the playoffs come end of the season no doubt. This group of players continue to pull out results against all odds. This takeover needs to happen sooner rather than later thus ending this poxy embargo as so we can get some much needed reinforcements in to the club.

Can't complain with that. A solid point against a clearly very competent side. Gateshead played the ball around well and had constant danger down the right. They also hit us down the middle but good defending, an alert Martin and the inside of our post all saved the day. We hit the bar but I can't help feeling that a better ball played ahead our man, instead of making him stop and control could have seen a better outcome. Remains incredible what we are achieving with our continued limitations. Brilliant by Kev, Dazzmark and the squad. COYB!!!

Gateshead are a good side and they try to play good football. They should have put the game beyond us in the first half and that shot from Chadwick which hit the woodwork and rebounded into Martin's hands after 70 minutes or so was the slice of luck we needed. Within a minute we were equal with Harry following up on GSM's parried shot. Very well deserved.

10 points off the play offs now (yes, I know we are only 3 points clear of the relegation zone but we don't look down anymore do we?). COYB!!

A game of two halves if ever there was one. First half we were lucky to reach half time only one down. To be fair, the absence of Wes and Coker didn't help our balance and style of play, but Gateshead were an ok side in that half. I don't know what Kev and co said at half time, but the fighting spirit came out in spades second half, and with the departure of Mooney and the arrival of Wood, we looked a different team. We competed all over the pitch and Harry finally celebrated his new barnet in style by slotting home the equaliser. On the 'if only' front, if Kanu had converted his earlier chance we would have maybe come home with all three points. It was also good to see the solid defending for the latter half of the game, and in conclusion, Dave Martin take a bow, my MoM.

What a team, they never stop amazing me 😀 well done to all those who made the trip up North 👏👏 safe journey home.

UTB 💙

Back