• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Wealdstone (home) **now Tuesday 5 March** and (away) **now Tuesday 9 April**

This doesn't need a miracle the solution is quite simple. 😇

We put a tent up over the affected area & install a @BEERMONSTER in it with casks of mild, some pork scratchings & a supply of pakoras. There will be enough hot air after a few hours to warm up anything.

The downside of this is that the army will probably get called in due to a suspected chemical warfare attack, Prittlewell & most of Westcliff will be cordoned off with residents having to wear Hazmat suits.

However, the pitch will be playable!! 🤣🤣
Might result in a bit of a sticky surface! Then there's the pitch to consider 🫣

50/50 chance of the match going ahead on Tuesday at the moment I think.
At least its fairly local and they can probably make a decision on Tuesday afternoon.

Seems that an artic blast is incoming again.

I really hope that this one goes ahead.

It's already been cancelled once.

The club need to invest in top class covers and heaters. We have lost several games to frozen pitch.

Buy a big mirror to cover the defunct North stand score board. Reflected sunlight would be the easiest option and of course environmentally efficient.
Interesting idea, but I'm looking for the tongue-in-cheek. 😉
If serious, would this mirror's reflection reach all the way to the South? And how would the mirror, assuming it's permanent, affect a night match under floodlights?
Didn't they use to use flame throwers or the equivalent back in the day, although how that protected a scorched-earth policy, Lord alone knows!

Interesting idea, but I'm looking for the tongue-in-cheek. 😉
If serious, would this mirror's reflection reach all the way to the South? And how would the mirror, assuming it's permanent, affect a night match under floodlights?
Didn't they use to use flame throwers or the equivalent back in the day, although how that protected a scorched-earth policy, Lord alone knows!

Put one of the covers over it......Job done.

Put one of the covers over it......Job done.
Nice idea, again.
But you need two ground staff with a head for heights; two impermanent ladders, and I'm guessing two to foot said ladders, and even then I doubt health & safety would be overly enamoured.
In any wind, you need some way of securing the cover to the defunct scoreboard.
Love the idea; not sure about the practicalities.

Back