• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Wealdstone (home) **now Tuesday 5 March** and (away) **now Tuesday 9 April**

and not due to get above 2 all day , (feels like below zero) , whatever is solid now , is unlikely to thaw enough, I would imagine.
Not without assistance from industrial heaters no. I suspect we don't have those in the groundsmans store cupboard!

Supposed to be using our hospitality from our sponsorship this evening so hope it's still on!

I have just been in my back garden (Eastwood) so not far from the ground. It faces the same way as the pitch in that South corner, it never sees direct sun at this time of year and the ground is frozen solid. Even in my front garden, which gets full sun at this time of year it is frozen. That will thaw a bit, but the last thing you want is the game to be on and then abandoned because the pitch freezes as they are playing.

I think its 50:50 at best for the game to be on.

I doubt I'll ever get to match at Roots Hall again where just the line markings are visable due to the groundsman clearing the lines with a spade :-(
Orange/Yellow ball anyone?

Any noises from the club re pitch inspection chances of it being on?
It's not confirmed on or off at the moment. There will be a first pitch inspection later.(Sometimes they make their mind up either way on the first pitch inspection, if 50/50, they go to another one a bit later). The advice was keep an eye out for an announcement online.

Woking-Gateshead is off…
Is ours going the same way obviously we can give it a good few more hours

We still do. Have faith.
This is not the fault of ground staff.
Every ground needs a heating system at this time. This is seriously cold and not helped by a south stand and high rise block of flats.

Back