• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Wealdstone (home) **now Tuesday 5 March** and (away) **now Tuesday 9 April**

Just a quick one, re Ticket Purchase Online.

I have only ever bought tickets in person.

If you were to purchase tickets using your online account, can you then print the said tickets at home, or do you have to go and collect from the ticket office.

Thanks in advance.

If you were to purchase tickets using your online account, can you then print the said tickets at home, or do you have to go and collect from the ticket office.

Thanks in advance.
You’re best bet is to have them emailed to an account which you have access to on your phone. You can then just show the tickets on screen and they’ll scan them that way. No need for paper, printing etc. far easier.

If you don’t fancy that, then yes you can still have them emailed to you and print out on paper and take with you. Just make sure you click that option at check out.

Thanks in advance.
I always print mine at home, never trust the online bit. I’ve purchased and printed off my Wealdstone tickets for next week (away game) no problem

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
you can print them out or the email attachment can be scanned at the turnstile.

Thanks that would be really helpful for those of us who are now available to come on Tuesday but have travelling to do
I've already travelled! I came over for the original postponed game, so thought I'd use my tickets for this re-arranged one. Everything crossed here, really don't need another postponement, this costs me a fortune in flights, hotels and of course beers. It is a tad cool though.....

I can't see it going ahead. Alot of gardens that went without sun today were pretty frozen and we know what the south stand end is like!

Did i imagin it or do i rember years ago The pitch was covered in a thick bed of straw to keep the frost at bay .I seemed to rember the ground staff pulling the straw of the pitch an hour before kick off .

Did i imagin it or do i rember years ago The pitch was covered in a thick bed of straw to keep the frost at bay .I seemed to rember the ground staff pulling the straw of the pitch an hour before kick off
Don't remember that in recent years. Maybe in the 1950's.

I’m really not hopeful, it’s really cold out, with grass and cars already starting to freeze. I could be wrong but I can’t see this game going ahead.
But if it does, it’s going to be absolutely baltic in the stands! 🥶

I’m really not hopeful, it’s really cold out, with grass and cars already starting to freeze. I could be wrong but I can’t see this game going ahead.
But if it does, it’s going to be absolutely baltic in the stands! 🥶
Talking of things Baltic I 'm in Latvia and nights here have been -30 recently. I didn't know what cold was till I moved here.

At 6 o’clock my front lawn was rock hard , now that’s over a hour and a half before scheduled ok time and it’s due to be colder still on Tuesday.
it’s north facing and generally shady most of the time , much like the south stand goal area. I just hope they dont conduct the pitch inspection round mine…..

Yes Oldham not really a good good

Boundary Park – stadium description
Name derives from location at the boundary of neighboring cities in Greater Manchester. But it wasn’t called that since the beginning. In early years, since 1896, it was called Athletic Ground. Make no mistake, though, Oldham Athletic didn’t exist back then, the ground was used by Oldham County. This changed in 1904 when tenants changed and the venue had its first revamp.

There is another name, one used more as an anecdote – Ice Station Zebra. Thanks to its location high above sea level (at 155m asl – one of highest stadiums in England) it was exposed to cold winds and thus regarded as one of the coldest stadia in the country. Zebra part refers to the club playing in black-white stripes.

Weird, no frost this morning in Hawkwell, car clear.....
Don't be fooled.

It got down to -3/-4c in the area last night.

Very very dry air, with little water content hence no real visible frost on the surfaces. However, there would of been a penetrating frost at ground level. It will be rock solid.

Don't be fooled.

It got down to -3/-4c in the area last night.

Very very dry air, with little water content hence no real visible frost on the surfaces. However, there would of been a penetrating frost at ground level. It will be rock solid.
and not due to get above 2 all day , (feels like below zero) , whatever is solid now , is unlikely to thaw enough, I would imagine.

Back