• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Engimas....

Trevor Fitzpatrick... Always wanted him to score - but never did, great in the air (with his elbows).

Paul Byrne- imagine how good he could have been with any kind of work/fitness ethic.

Jimmy Corbett- ditto to some extent.

John Neilsen.

and for the way his career has gone since leaving us, Leo Roget.

My top 5 Southend 'enigmas'

1 - Stephen Broad
2 - Neil Jenkins
3 - Jimmy Corbett
4 - Gareth Risbridger (agree Mike...I remember his 1 appearance (or minute!) and I am sure he was rated as a huge prospect by Webby?
5 - Ben Smith

Incidentally, I think John Neilsen was class...I also believe that we should have done everything in our power to keep Regis Coulbalt at the club...thought he was one of the bright sparks in an otherwise horrific period for the club.

Now, if you want to do an interview with Kenny Brown (loanee from 1996) then I can arrange it as he's director of football at CD Javea ...

;)

Adrian Clarke - Very talented, had played in Arsenal's first team a few times and showed his potential with a few great goals. However, he seemed to lack the hunger needed for lower league football and was released by Alan Little. Kevin Maher nearly experienced the same fate yet look what happened to his career with us, perhaps if Clarke hadn't been released by Little he would've achieved similar success in a Southend shirt.

Derek Spence. I always felt there was more to come from him than what he showed for us. Good player but ...... ahh, so frustrating, could have genuinely great for us.

Adrian Clarke - Very talented, had played in Arsenal's first team a few times and showed his potential with a few great goals. However, he seemed to lack the hunger needed for lower league football and was released by Alan Little. Kevin Maher nearly experienced the same fate yet look what happened to his career with us, perhaps if Clarke hadn't been released by Little he would've achieved similar success in a Southend shirt.

Does Clarkey still work at Icons with SlipperDuke?

Back