• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite type of Bread?

Favourite type of bread

• Organic and wheat free - Because i'm worth it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dloman

Manager
Having just come back from the shop after puchasing essential supplies, well mainly coffee and cigarettes, it occured to me the multiple choices of bread there are.

Personally my favourite is an uncut white seeded bloomer, all those poppy seeds just make it delectable, though a pain in the toaster.

So my poll for today is your favourite type of bread and why, oh and no rolls or baps included.

Shame, I do like a bap or two :D

All those breads are great at different times mate...though currently like an batch loaf for breakfast at the mo.

Making your own bread is tops - can't beat it!

Most bread rocks, I have to say. Rather partial to the Vogels bread myself - soya & linseed, or sunflower & barley. And the missus always brings down a loaf of "plain bread" when she's up in Scotland, which is also jolly nice, especially toasted.

But I vote "wholemeal". So long as it's bread with some interesting textures in it, that'll do me.

:)

Best bread in the world is the traditional Maltese loaf.

Can you elaborate, OS? Ingredients/Style?

For me Granary, though I have just come across a recipe for a white/wholemeal mix bread made with Beer and wholegrain Mustard which is alleged to go nicely with a bit of cheese and pickle... Mmmmmmm!

Can you elaborate, OS? Ingredients/Style?

For me Granary, though I have just come across a recipe for a white/wholemeal mix bread made with Beer and wholegrain Mustard which is alleged to go nicely with a bit of cheese and pickle... Mmmmmmm!

It to do with the way it is baked. Very hard crust. The loaf is baked in a round shape and the smell of it being baked is amazing. Nothing fancy... just bread made to perfection. Problem with it is that it only stays fresh for the day it was baked.

It to do with the way it is baked. Very hard crust. The loaf is baked in a round shape and the smell of it being baked is amazing. Nothing fancy... just bread made to perfection. Problem with it is that it only stays fresh for the day it was baked.

It would only have to last a day in my household!

:)

Back