• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC in Guardian Weekend Magazine

seany t

President
Not sure how many readers there are of The flannel-wearing-tree-hugging-liberal-loving Guardian there are one here, but I'm one of them. Albeit without the flannel wearing.

Last weeks supplement had a restaurant review in it about the new offering at Chelsea's ground, and I was so appalled I actually bothered to write a letter of complaint (something I once threatened to do about a referee's performance at a home match, and which I've never lived down with several posters on here). Anyway they printed it, and as it mentions the club I thought I'd paste it here:

"I read with interest Matthew Norman's analysis of the Marco restaurant within the Chelsea football ground. However, I read with horror the receipt for his afternoon's work; £202 seems a little excessive for 2 people dining out to me. Nevertheless, should The Guardian want to restore the balance and pay for me to visit the Southend United burger stall and comment on it's somewhat insipid tea (with some insightful match analysis thrown in for free), then I offer to do so for the price of a mere half-season ticket. Which would sadly only get you a bottle and a half of wine at Stamford Bridge..."

If anyone else wants to aid my quest to improve the tea at SUFC, the gauntlet has been thrown down...

It always amazes me that any lifestyle features in the Guardian assume that the reader earns a six figure salary and lives in North London.

It always amazes me that any lifestyle features in the Guardian assume that the reader earns a six figure salary and lives in North London.

Don't they all except the red tops? We have a bit of a selection over the weekend and all the Valentine gifts advertised were upwards of £100, and fashion is just a joke! Latest Fendi handbag? Oh yes please, I'll take it in brown, black and green!

On the same letters page was a guy moaning about some of the objects in the MUST HAVE section. One was an aromatherapy candle. A mere snip at £200-odd

Aspirational audience. Even though 90% of them work in local councils in Kilburn, they all think they're all on the verge of writing the Great British novel and it's only a matter of time before Kiera and Sienna come round to help them finish off the pistachios.

Aspirational audience. Even though 90% of them work in local councils in Kilburn, they all think they're all on the verge of writing the Great British novel and it's only a matter of time before Kiera and Sienna come round to help them finish off the pistachios.

So that's why I buy it.... Sienna says "hi" by the way :cool:

Back