• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossetts heard a strong rumour today

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Bumped into and old friend today whilst out shopping and after the usual chat asked if i was still going to see blues. He asked if i knew the news about the stadium, i asked if he meant the news on the 6th. He said well put it this way work has already begun on electrics and there have been roadworks on sutton road near fossets. He basically knows the contractors and they have been told that the new ground has been agreed and will be released as gospel within the next few days. I have no reason to doubt my contact and i have been working near sutton road recently and can confirm that roadworks have been in place. This is only hearsay ,but it is very possitive . He also says that he has spoken to a certain ex MP who he knows and he confirmed what he had heard.

Get in:D

It has to happen. It's a good plan, benefitting the club and town. If the answer is no we will know who the guilty people are and vow never to vote for them again (if any body did in the first place that is)

I did wonder what all this "additional" work was for down Sutton Road/Fossetts Way...

Fingers crossed.

The club do indeed feel the stadium is a given and yes I've been told certain bits of work have indeed been started (and this is from within the club). It is indeed pretty much a cert.

Normally tend to get shot down when I mention things so didn't bother with posting this in the past.

Although I'm surprised if anyone knows for sure. I'd have thought nothing would be said until the government gives its decision.

Although I'm surprised if anyone knows for sure. I'd have thought nothing would be said until the government gives its decision.

Maybe the government have given their verdict already...

But, the news hasn't been officially released yet.

;)

Possibly, but I'd be a bit cheesed if the news was being held back from us!

Well maybe it's just a case of completing paperwork, before its all done and dusted..

Who know's...

We'll be put out of our misery next week, or not!

:rolleyes:

Well maybe it's just a case of completing paperwork, before its all done and dusted..

Who know's...

We'll be put out of our misery next week, or not!

:rolleyes:

Indeed it will be sensible to get everything sorted officially first before announcing it either way. Just think what would happen if the club announced the new ground is all systems go only for it to fail a medical :eek: ;)

In my experience it is unlikely that anyone knows for sure. The letters that get sent out by the Government for planning applications are sent to everyone who has requested it at the same time - press, developers and anyone else who wants notification.

In my job I've often phoned developers and found out that I knew the decision before they did, and had to break it to them!

Evening all guys...Sherif H here using a friends' computer, hence the different user name!

Likely that extra capacity for street lighting etc would have been allowed for as there is other development ongoing around the FF site, so this could be a simple explanation.

I'd be absolutely stunned if a contractor is doing any work on behalf of the Club, as a major project like this will need to go through the full tender process, and nothing would have gone out to tender until confirmation of planning permission is received, and the conditions attached the permission are known.

Last edited:
Evening all guys...Sherif H here using a friends' computer, hence the different user name!

Likely that extra capacity for street lighting etc would have been allowed for as there is other development ongoing around the FF site, so this could be a simple explanation.

I'd be absolutely stunned if a contractor is doing any work on behalf of the Club, as a major project like this will need to go through the full tender process, and nothing would have gone out to tender until confirmation of planning permission is received, and the conditions attached the permission are known.

What a party pooper you are!:guns:

What a party pooper you are!:guns:

Well matey, it may be possible, but that possibility is about 0.1%! The only way this would be possible is if Ron is going to go down the route of a negotiated contract, which effectively means he has already selected a contractor for the main stadium complex works...only typically happens where a developer has worked with a contractor on numerous other jobs before. I do however think this arrangement for a stadium would be highly unlikely.

Sherif

Not true. I believe RM stated that once a decision was made, the work could start in a matter of days. That implies the tender process has already been completed.

There really is no reason why the tender process has to wait for a final yes or no. All they have to do is sign a contract subject to approval.

That's not to say the rest of what you said isn't the case, and I suspect that you're right that there is an innocent explanation for the work that is being carried out in the area surrounding the stadium.

Not true. I believe RM stated that once a decision was made, the work could start in a matter of days. That implies the tender process has already been completed.

There really is no reason why the tender process has to wait for a final yes or no. All they have to do is sign a contract subject to approval.

That's not to say the rest of what you said isn't the case, and I suspect that you're right that there is an innocent explanation for the work that is being carried out in the area surrounding the stadium.

Thats certainly the way I understand it... that the contractor is waiting for the green light to be given and that work can begin pretty sharpish.

More likely that the tender process will take place after planning is granted, and then the contractor will set about satisfying the outstanding planning conditions during the construction period. Reason I say this, is because it is hugely cost inefficient to get a project manager to put together a tender package, and then work through selecting a contractor without even knowing if conditional planning will be granted.

Sherif

I am sure you are right about this Sheriff H ( tonight Matthew I will be Reading Shrimper ) . Also the contractors will want to see the exact extent of the contract after any amendments / conditions which may be imposed by Gov , before being tied to a price , I imagine . And as for electrics and road works , these could just be for street lamps or such like which might be needed for a multitude of reasons .

Can't believe myself that HM Gov would allow tip-offs to be passed on . If they have and the Club have recently received knowledge of the decision, how would that sit in the context of the share offer extension ??

Smiffy , if we don't get the go ahead , I am sure all those plans will be put to good use , somewhere .

Was looking at the computer generated image of the front of the stadium earlier and thought -hmmm, they just have to change two things - Southend and United

Lets not all get our hopes up too high for a few more days - it will mean we will be even more elated if we get the nod .

Back