• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossetts heard a strong rumour today

Ive just noticed that Stadium:MK is a bigger replica of FF...

Designed by HOK too, so I guess this is what FF will look like without the 2nd tier..

It's uncanny

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/mkdons33.jpg - MK

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/a9/20/0,,10444~3088553,00.jpg - FF

Smiffy, correct on the Architect, but the design will look vastly different from the outside...trust me! In terms of how the bowl will look, then yes, Stadium:MK is a good comparison. Looking at the size of the second tier to the main stad at FF however I would suggest it will serve a purpose much like that of the upper tier at the Ricoh Arena or the middle tier at Wembley...i.e. seating for exec/banqueting guests.

I am sure you are right about this Sheriff H ( tonight Matthew I will be Reading Shrimper ) . Also the contractors will want to see the exact extent of the contract after any amendments / conditions which may be imposed by Gov , before being tied to a price , I imagine . And as for electrics and road works , these could just be for street lamps or such like which might be needed for a multitude of reasons .

Indeed....under a Design and Build contract (where the Contractor adopts and develops the existing design) the contractor assumes all design responsibility, aswell as responsibility for closing out the planning conditions attached to the approval. This can involve major additional costs, and particularly where a decision has had to be referred to Central Government, I would imagine any permission would be heavily caveated by conditions. These would ideally be thoroughly checked through and accounted for on the Contractor's tender price prior to entering into contract.

If the Club tender the works before planning permission is granted, the contractor will only be able to make an estimate of the likelihood of any such conditions and include them as provisional sums under the tender price. If the conditions add up to more than the provisional sums, then the Club risk having to pay the extra, in addition to risking running over time on the build owing to complex and long-winded disputes to resolve responsibility for closing out these matters.

Hope this clears things up a tad!

More likely that the tender process will take place after planning is granted, and then the contractor will set about satisfying the outstanding planning conditions during the construction period. Reason I say this, is because it is hugely cost inefficient to get a project manager to put together a tender package, and then work through selecting a contractor without even knowing if conditional planning will be granted.

Sherif

Fair enough Sherif. But how does that square with the work starting within days of the decision? Maybe, as you have already alluded to, RM didn't bother with a tender because he is using a builder that he has already worked with before? Maybe the one that did the University for him, for example.

Fair enough Sherif. But how does that square with the work starting within days of the decision? Maybe, as you have already alluded to, RM didn't bother with a tender because he is using a builder that he has already worked with before? Maybe the one that did the University for him, for example.

Yeah, as I said LB, there are other procurement routes available for constructing a building, so it is certainly possible that a contractor could already be on board, but that leaves little cost certainty over the project, as the planning conditions will not have been fully realised. I just see at is unlikely that the works taking place at the moment are anything to do with the Club....as previously mentioned I would imagine it is more likely that they are enabling works for another project on the adjoining site.

Yeah, as I said LB, there are other procurement routes available for constructing a building, so it is certainly possible that a contractor could already be on board, but that leaves little cost certainty over the project, as the planning conditions will not have been fully realised. I just see at is unlikely that the works taking place at the moment are anything to do with the Club....as previously mentioned I would imagine it is more likely that they are enabling works for another project on the adjoining site.

RM may have got someone lined up to do the groundworks and site prep on a fixed basis as stage one I suppose .

RM may have got someone lined up to do the groundworks and site prep on a fixed basis as stage one I suppose .

It is possible, but he would only have done this had he known the planning decision for sure...do not think this would have been carried out on a whim!

Ron Martin's always been forthright in his view that permission will be given the greenlight, and that this process is simply a technicality caused by the original planning inspectors recommendation... which resulted in the plans being slightly altered to comply with said recommendation.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if RM has signalled for preliminary work to begin...

It is possible, but he would only have done this had he known the planning decision for sure...do not think this would have been carried out on a whim!

I'm no expert, but are there not several projects going ahead on this site, which will have some shared facilities? In which case I would imagine that certain of the preparatory works will be jointly funded, and sharing in the costs of those wouldn't represent too much of a gamble for RM (because that site will be used for something if not a stadium) but would leave the ground clear (sorry) for a flying start to the stadium in the event of approval on the 6th.

Back