• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Squeezy Condiment bottles

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Does anyone have the same problem?

Great invention for getting all most every drop of tomato sauce out he bottle, great for putting pay to the clogged up lid.

The purest might say that they prefer the old style bottles that they can bash on the bottom.

I personally prefer the old style glass bottles but the wife buys the new Squeeze style.

But the problem is that you make a bacon sandwich, open the lid of the Squeeze bottle aim and gently squeeze.......after a couple of seconds does it come out in a uniformed controlled manor? does it f**k.

It splurges in a huge lump in the centre of your sandwich when all you wanted was a nice thin line of sauce evenly distributed over the bacon.

I use a 25ml syringe (which you can purchase from most chemists) to apply brown sauce to my bacon sandwiches.

Also, use a quality sauce. I use HP but if you start messing about with Crofters, Chop, Country style or supermarket own brands then you are asking for trouble.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time with the Marmite one. The one I bought had run out, or so I thought. I took the lid off to find there was enough for about another 3-4 sandwiches...

I attempt to apply soft pressure, slowly increasing it but then it happens......Splat everywhere.

Is it one of the upside down bottles? Whatever it is, you need to give it a good shake well before you need to use it then leave it to stand upside down - gravity and all that, so the sauce is as near the opening as possible. Then when you're ready to use it, tip the bottle to about a 45 degree angle and squeeze gently.

Alternatively, you can always use a knife to spread it!

Is it one of the upside down bottles? Whatever it is, you need to give it a good shake well before you need to use it then leave it to stand upside down - gravity and all that, so the sauce is as near the opening as possible. Then when you're ready to use it, tip the bottle to about a 45 degree angle and squeeze gently.

I personally feel the issue is with the soft rubber membrane that the sauce passes through, it is like a really small tea towel holder sort of design.

If the material was slightly more supple then that might cure the problem

I personally feel the issue is with the soft rubber membrane that the sauce passes through, it is like a really small tea towel holder sort of design.

Enlarge it a little with a skewer then!

Stop buying your ketchup from Aldis.

Just because theres a credit crunch, there is no need to go over the top with savings...

but that means extra washing up... with soaring energy costs and the highest rate of inflation for 11 years, these are things you really need to cut down on!

I believe the membrane you describe is called a sphincter or ringpiece.

I would recommend you massage and soften your sphincter so that it becomes slightly stretched and looser. This should help you to expel your sauce in a more controlled manner.

I too tested your theory this morning and found the same results. I followed OBL's tips precisely but to no avail as my bacon was covered in a splurge of ketchup. Only on the 3rd squeeze did it come out controllably.

Heinz out!

I too tested your theory this morning and found the same results. I followed OBL's tips precisely but to no avail as my bacon was covered in a splurge of ketchup. Only on the 3rd squeeze did it come out controllably.

Heinz out!

You lot just haven't got the knack - it needs a woman's touch obviously!

I have some book somewhere which has tips on the best ways of getting Tomato Ketchup out -_-

Back