• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Name which 13 players have scored 100+ Premiership goals

I was shocked by the absence of RVNisteljrooy(sp?) & Anelka. I also thought Johnson or Bent might have crept in there by now?

I managed to get twelve but missed out 150 even with 2 minutes of thinking time.

By the by, Ronaldo is on 74, Johnson is probably about 35 off, Scholes has 96, Giggs has 101 according to my sources, Viduka has 92, Yakubu has about 80, Defoe is probably around the 80 mark but hard to tell how many of his West Ham goals came in the CCC.

Couldn't think of any more credible candidates.

I got 10. missed numbers 9, 10 and 11 on the list.

I thought Kevin Campbell was over the 100 mark. I'm sure this was on a Question of Sport the other week.

Yeah I thought that too. I even typed him in twice to check...

Like Ryan Giggs, Campbell scored too many of his goals before football existed (pre 92/93). Giggs might soon join this list. I don't think Campbell will.

A quick Google reveals that Heskey and Lampard have also reached the 100 mark since the quiz was compiled.

I was shocked by the absence of RVNisteljrooy(sp?) & Anelka. I also thought Johnson or Bent might have crept in there by now?

I got 9 and spent much of my time trying to spell van Nistlerooy correctly.

Good quiz though.

I got all 13 and tried adding the latest 4 to join the list before getting the final few. Rooney, Lampard, Heskey and Johnson all need to be added to the list. I bet Ronaldo isn't far off either same with Giggs.

I got all 13 and tried adding the latest 4 to join the list before getting the final few. Rooney, Lampard, Heskey and Johnson all need to be added to the list. I bet Ronaldo isn't far off either same with Giggs.

Ahem...

I managed to get twelve but missed out 150 even with 2 minutes of thinking time.

By the by, Ronaldo is on 74, Johnson is probably about 35 off, Scholes has 96, Giggs has 101 according to my sources, Viduka has 92, Yakubu has about 80, Defoe is probably around the 80 mark but hard to tell how many of his West Ham goals came in the CCC.

Couldn't think of any more credible candidates.

:)

Lampard is in though but Rooney is some way off - he has only just got 100 goals in his career in all comps. Ronaldo actually has more Premiership goals than Rooney

For the complete list you can actualy go here

I hate all these 'Premier League' records, its as if football never existed before the start of 1992/3 season. Plenty of pre-premier league players scored 100+ goals but they are now longer recognised because they only played in the Football League.

I hate all these 'Premier League' records, its as if football never existed before the start of 1992/3 season. Plenty of pre-premier league players scored 100+ goals but they are now longer recognised because they only played in the Football League.

I agree - it's something I mentioned on the slippercolumn in my reply.

I do sometimes wonder though if in the 50s all the traditionalists were begrudging all the records being set as post-war as though football never existed before then.

Back