• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Trialist

lets hope the lad has learnt some lessons, Im sure tilly & co will ave a word and make the right judgement, good player from what I saw at walsall away although it was the worst performance I have ever seen from si francis at the back that day

He's quality. Hopefully a move away from his hometown will help him grow up and maybe get out of a bad crowd. I think he was having issues outside of football mainly.

Get him in!

As Tilson has said
“He’s a good player and plays in a position where we are short but we’ll have a look at him this evening and then go from there.”

Let's hope he does well tonight and we sign him

lets hope the lad has learnt some lessons, Im sure tilly & co will ave a word and make the right judgement, good player from what I saw at walsall away although it was the worst performance I have ever seen from si francis at the back that day
You're all for giving a winger a second chance aren't you LB....

As Tilson has said
“He’s a good player and plays in a position where we are short but we’ll have a look at him this evening and then go from there.”

Let's hope he does well tonight and we sign him

Perhaps they are stopping off at Bakers or Mayhem on the way back and letting him loose with Macca!

i think despite the bad things in his past, this is a good signing

my only doubt wouldnt be the potential for him flaring up again, but that he hasnt played since November, so is surely not going to be fit for at least a month, by which time the season will nearly be over?

This is always going to be one that splits the faithful.
Remember a few years ago when half this board wanting Leon Knight in here at all costs.
Personally, if they can get him to get his head right & he can unleash some of his potential we might have picked up a real bargain. Any move comes with risk, but this one as said above might minimise our potential risk in terms of cost. Maybe the end of Scannel's chances though if he does well.

Has he been training with the squad too or is he just turning up to play tonight?

He's trouble.

Talent is nothing if you want to urinate it down the drain and get in to fights.

Too much trouble for Walsall and he's not the type you want around.

And is he that good anyway? Seemed to spend an awful lot of time on the Saddlers bench.

i think despite the bad things in his past, this is a good signing

my only doubt wouldnt be the potential for him flaring up again, but that he hasnt played since November, so is surely not going to be fit for at least a month, by which time the season will nearly be over?

He was allowed to play in Palace's reserves after his trial ended there.

It's a bit of a gamble, but taking him on trial first is a good move before we commit. There is no doubt that he is a talented lad, are t&b's perseverence skills up to calming him down?

I think he'll find a home here and flourish. The good thing is that Southend is a God-fearing town that offers no temptations to those hell bent on self-destruction.

He's trouble.

Talent is nothing if you want to urinate it down the drain and get in to fights.

Too much trouble for Walsall and he's not the type you want around.

And is he that good anyway? Seemed to spend an awful lot of time on the Saddlers bench.

i agree. if Ron agrees to this it smacks of blog hypocrisy (the dangers of speaking to the fans too much)

the squad is unified and we are unlikely to go up. why bother with a bad egg

He's a talented player, and a trial and maybe a short term contract (end of season with option to extend) would be the most sensible approach given his past problem's. Hopefully a few months out of a job/wage will have been the wake up call he needed. Worth a try.

He was born in London and moved to Walsall after leaving Arsenal and Charlton.

yeah I mean I think he left home from London and got in a bit of a bad crowd when up in Brum/Walsall... maybe a move will do him good. I'm only going on the rumours that were around when he was kicked out.

its a big risk given the young ages of our emerging players - but its not me thats going to be taking the decision -

you never know he may have made some stupid mistakes in the past. we all have. does that mean he doesn't deserve a 2nd chance?

is it his second chance or has he had that elsewhere ? haven't some other clubs been looking at him and decided against it recently ?

you never know he may have made some stupid mistakes in the past. we all have. does that mean he doesn't deserve a 2nd chance?

Amazing. A few wins and the peace and love vibes are flowing through the zone. I'm getting high just reading these tales of forgiveness and redemption. In respect of Matty's post I'm lighting a sandalwood joss stick. Peace.

Back