• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Theo is not signing!

its a shame but tbh £275k for a striker who has scored 7 goals at our level is a ridiculous amount of money. Good luck to the lad except against us

Have to say that I'm about as surprised as when Clarke finally signed for Huddersfield.
One has to go along with Tilly in that having to offer nearly £300K to bring him in is complete lunacy. Certainly other fish in the sea who can be got without a fat bait.....
..........there must be some fish that have a taste for bread crumbs!

£275k is a really stupid amount. Dont blame Watford for hyping this deal up though - you can see where Ron gets frustrated with the press.

He isnt THAT good - he could be, but for someone who scored a few goals in league 2 and 7 with us, no way is he worth that.

we cant really complain. the same thing happend with gary hooper last year.

I agree with tilly, no way is he worth that amount of money, and with a couple of decent defenders and a winger we aint short of being a play off side.

Personally I reckon Francis Laurent will score 38 goals next season anyway. Then we'll see who has been mugged off.

We don't need anymore strikers... and isn't it nice that Tilly agrees for once!!! I agree a CB and LB are obviously a priority but are we going to continue to play 4 defensive centre mids across midfield. Wingers wouldn't go a miss Tilly!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We just have to accept that we can't compete for any players who have got a bit of a name for themselves, even at L1 level. They're all going to go to the 10 or so clubs in this divison who seem to have money, either via a sugar daddy or simply by being much bigger than us.

We've just got to rely on T&B's skill in spotting emerging talent at L2 or BS level, & maybe the odd waif or stray who's found themselves rotting in the stiffs at CC or upper L1 level. Plus of course introducing 1 or 2 of our own kids along the way.

The only other hope is youngsters on long term loans from Prem clubs. I note Tilly saying he was looking at 2 or 3 such loans in the echo recently. Dervette & Sawyer maybe? Or are they tied up elsewhere now?

We don't need anymore strikers... and isn't it nice that Tilly agrees for once!!! I agree a CB and LB are obviously a priority but are we going to continue to play 4 defensive centre mids across midfield. Wingers wouldn't go a miss Tilly!!!!!!!

Agree with this - CB, LB and a Winger is about what we need - assuming most of our forwards manage to stay fit.

£275k is a really stupid amount. Dont blame Watford for hyping this deal up though - you can see where Ron gets frustrated with the press.

He isnt THAT good - he could be, but for someone who scored a few goals in league 2 and 7 with us, no way is he worth that.

Agree. I really rate Theo and think he would have been a very good signing for us. He has real potential and someone I felt would have been within our transfer budget, but I really don't think he is worth £275,000.

Tilly states that a striker is not priority. Fair enough. Well its fair if you feel our current strike force is adequate. That being the case and money being so tight, why then were we trying to get Theo anyway. I seem to feel that Tilly is not totally straight in his comments and that he shares my lack of faith in our current goal getters. As for the asking price for Theo, if its too much in todays market for Theoesque players then what are we going to get for less. Maybe I should just accept that Barnard/Freeman the two part-time wannabees, along with the inexperienced Laurent and not forgetting 'brittle bones' Revster, are going to get us goals, goals, goals! Oh really?
I agree we need to get defenders. A Left Back and two CBs but for all the defending in the world we have to score one more to win. Can't se it myself but happy to be proved wrong.

Tilly states that a striker is not priority. Fair enough. Well its fair if you feel our current strike force is adequate. That being the case and money being so tight, why then were we trying to get Theo anyway. I seem to feel that Tilly is not totally straight in his comments and that he shares my lack of faith in our current goal getters. As for the asking price for Theo, if its too much in todays market for Theoesque players then what are we going to get for less. Maybe I should just accept that Barnard/Freeman the two part-time wannabees, along with the inexperienced Laurent and not forgetting 'brittle bones' Revster, are going to get us goals, goals, goals! Oh really?
I agree we need to get defenders. A Left Back and two CBs but for all the defending in the world we have to score one more to win. Can't se it myself but happy to be proved wrong.

Our strike force is more than good enough for this level in my opinion when they are all fully fit, but the problem is keeping them fully fit. Barnard, Freedman, Laurent, Revell and Walker have all been out injured during the season and that is what has harmed our chances.

IF chances are created for the likes of Barnard he will hit 15-20 goals in a season, Freedman would hit around 10-15 goals, Laurent, Revell and Walker around the 8-10 mark if they all played. They are all good enough to stick the ball away, but they need chances created for them.

Our strike force is more than good enough for this level in my opinion when they are all fully fit, but the problem is keeping them fully fit. Barnard, Freedman, Laurent, Revell and Walker have all been out injured during the season and that is what has harmed our chances.

IF chances are created for the likes of Barnard he will hit 15-20 goals in a season, Freedman would hit around 10-15 goals, Laurent, Revell and Walker around the 8-10 mark if they all played. They are all good enough to stick the ball away, but they need chances created for them.

Well said, if we can keep barney and dougie fit we have got 30+ goals there. All we then need is a few more goals from midfield

Back