• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sawyer 6 month Loan

Get in there. He is a top class player.. Come Tilly, now is thwe time to go out get some more.. Good start though. Made my day!!!

Great news,as one of the posters that critiscise the club for lack of signings, iv got to stand up and say well done to the managment team. Now a centre back please.

Can i just say - about fricking time. Its really dragged its heels this one but glad its finally confirmed!

Kev

Or we wanted another good look before buying? Maybe we will have decent funds available in Jan, when the stadium should be up and running and some money coming in from retail unit agreements?

I expect Chelsea will want a good £200k for him in January. As part of the "due dilligence" RM talks about, it would make sense to see if he really is worth that sort of dosh, before parting with it. He had very average spells at Coventry and Wycombe, so it makes sense really.
Interesting stuff.

Reasonably pleased, I think he's definitely a great player for this level.

However, 6 months still does seem a little odd after all the learning from past mistakes malarkey about not having our loanee's for the full season.

If as you say Smiffy it's that we needed another look then I for one think that's a mistake in itself, surely we know how good the lad is.

It's probably just that Chelsea don't want to let him go for the whole year just yet, which is fair enough, but it still leaves me a tad frustrated.

Anyway, well done to the club for bringing him in, now to work out what to do with our 5 top quality central mids.

Dont know where this leaves Granty. Can see this paving the way for him to head to peterborough. Didn't they make a tidy offer a few weeks ago??

Sell Grant, use the money for a centre back & pacy winger and this summer becomes a whole lot brighter.

I think the club are concerned about rushing in again on the back of a few good matches and offering a decent contract to someone who may not have the correct level of application .. ala Laurent, fantastic trial, 2 year deal, all of a sudden he's half the player he was .. i think we were monitoring him very closely at Wycombe for any character flaws before signing him up again

re: signing him

its a bit of a double edged sword in a way, if he comes here and scores stacks of goals, lots of MotMs etc, championship and so called "big" league one clubus will be after him, and if he under performs we'll have an average midfielder for 6 months, so you can see why its just another loan!

Good. Maybe you'll all finally stop the plethora of excrutiatingly dull 'we haven't signed anyone' whinges cluttering this board.

I expect Chelsea will want a good £200k for him in January. As part of the "due dilligence" RM talks about, it would make sense to see if he really is worth that sort of dosh, before parting with it. He had very average spells at Coventry and Wycombe, so it makes sense really.

Unless that was because he was fed up at not being allowed to return to RH as he expected (remember that interview around Xmas time saying he'd really enjoyed his loan and was open to another offer?)

Good. Maybe you'll all finally stop the plethora of excrutiatingly dull 'we haven't signed anyone' whinges cluttering this board.

Well as I've said before many times (but in a completely different context):

If you don't like it here, **** off back to your own board/country.

Dont know where this leaves Granty. Can see this paving the way for him to head to peterborough. Didn't they make a tidy offer a few weeks ago??

Sell Grant, use the money for a centre back & pacy winger and this summer becomes a whole lot brighter.

Dont think it will effect Granty too much.

First off Sawyer "the God" is only on loan so you would be mad to sell a good first teamer to replace him with a loanee.

Secondly I would have thought Grant's main threat come from JFC as they are not disimilar types of players. Macca would I would have thought be the one who has most to loose as I dont recall him playing at the same time as Sawyer due to injury and they strike me as fairly similar players.

I also think JFC is better than Grant and if JFC gets in on a regular basis in the centre of midfield we have already seen who is the perfect foil for him....Lee "The god" Sawyer.

Personally, I'd love to see a midfield duo of Grant and Macca, with Sawyer and Moussa, the creative, more pacey players, given an almost free role on the wings... tucking in when the need be. We'll have Scannell, Laurent and JFC on the bench to bring on should the need arise and it's a way to accomodate our best midfielders into one system.

Whether it works or not is another matter, and it's definitely something worth trying in the upcoming pre-season friendlies.

Good signing, great to have him back at the club. The one thing he offers in our midfield is creativity, and goals.

BUT, another loan signing - If it was with a view to a permanent move, then that would be sensational, but I don't for one second believe that it is. We know all there is to know about Lee Sawyer, so if we were ever going to sign him permanently, we would have done now, rather than in January, and run the risk of his price going through the roof if he has a good first half of the season.

That said, let's hope it's the opening of the flood gates for more signings!

I agree with comments that we are in more need of defenders, but this is not a signing too far!!

This is an awesome signing, a player we know already on loan. He is a sensational player.

IF JFC is centre back, we have in midfield:

Moussa Sawyer Macca Grant

Hardly too many!!

Back