• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

adwebb16

Coach
Prior to las nights match had a sneaky peek on the SUFC website and noticed a few mentions of prices being 'slashed'. Oh no my friends not just cut, not just discounted but slashed! Nice bit of marketing i thought, safe a couple of quid myself but hey it gets a bigger gate!

Anyway, roll up to the ticket office and notice the ticket prices as normal match day prices, must not have been changed after the decision to 'slash' prices. The queuing process was taking a touch longer than expected and I noticed a few faux claims that children were 'standing over there' or that they were coming later but rebuffed by staff. I personally saw at least 2 groups of 6 and a few couples saying they heard it was £10 per adult on Essex FM and consequently walked off not prepared to pay £22 for a ticket. On my simple calculations thats approx 15 potential fans at £10 equalling £150 + programmes/food just walking off. Not to mention the potential money that the club may profit from if they decide to return in future.

Tickets were actually £10 for an adult and child.

At £10 for ANY ticket would have been potentially a great piece of marketing. Half term = bulk loads of adolescents waiting something to do on Tues eve. Adults and of course children during half term to boost numbers.

At a time when cash is short I can see why slashing prices across the board could cause loss BUT fans when we most need them most and a 9000+ crowd would have been handy.

Thoughts?

To be honest, they wouldn't have been there if they got their information correct. I see what you mean and think of those that realised it was £10 for an adult AND child that possibly would have gone if it was just £10 for an adult ticket.

I think our 4,500 season ticket holders would be a bit miffed if every ticket was slashed to a tenner.

Who would renew if they thought at the end of the season they would be losing out?

Back