• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
Just watched the TV recording , Sky commentators said both clubs would receive around £200,000 OVERALL! Although not totally clear if they include Sky TV money or referencing 50% shares of gate receipts? I wonder if it will be more than that? and if so how much Uncle Ron will allow into next seasons pot for strengthening. Any thoughts? I suppose all round strengthening if you could call it that, could also come from the potentially sickening selling off of Bentley and Leonard, or Coker? Lets hope not, but just wondering whether overall we might get more than £300, 000?

I would imagine any monies would be of great use towards the running of the club during the close season

Not sure if Ron will cash in on any players, he has backed the manager superbly this season, wouldn't be surprised if we keep this squad together minus the deadwood like Barnard. I do however see some big offers coming in for Bentley that may be too good to turn down.

We don't get 50% of the gate receipts its shared between the 4 teams who got into the play-offs and I presume the FA get a slice aswell.

cheers UWS and Brett Angel, still bewildering to me! Thanks for the link. These following bits..aaaargh...
"Income from TV shall not form part of the proceeds of the match" Presumably we made extra bobbage for the 2 semis from Sky ? 30K and the Final
...a 3% levy of semi final gate receipts, presumably goes to league?
then..........50% of "Nett gate receipts gets paid into the Divisions pool account with the remaining 50% aggregated and shared equally amongst the 4 semi final clubs" errrrm ??
Followed by for the Final........."50% of net gate receipts go onto the pool account, and the remaining 50% is divided equally between the finalists"
There we have it then folks....simples????? Total for Southend if my maths are correct £47 and 53p?

Addendum... good comment about the cash probably needed to see us through the close season ,and presumably new contract negotiations with current players, who I assume if re-engaged get entitled to at least League 1 minimum rate?

Back