• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know that they are different style players, but Lenny would do well to look at how well it's worked out for "Superstar" Jack Payne.
The devil you know sometimes is the better option!

Yeah, when he realises that he could end up playing in League 1 again, for a club who are being offered at shorter odds than us by the bookies, but be picking up Championship level money to do it he'll probably be knocking Ron's door down to get at that new contract.

I know that they are different style players, but Lenny would do well to look at how well it's worked out for "Superstar" Jack Payne.

Far comment and I agree..... May I add Jack Bridge to this where his agent thinks he's better than he is. Know one wants him. Well done the agent..... He won't even be in a starting line up in our team and I doubt being on the bench. Another Mr big bollocks.

Jack Payne is a really bad example to use. He would of earnt far more money last season than if he stayed with us and is still now even if he is player the same level as us. He was part of a club that got promoted to the premier league. Who's to say if he does well during his loan spell Hudds may recall him?

I love the judgements from you guys if a player leaves or even considers it.

Atkinson...No ambition
Thompson....Why would you go to a tin pot club
Bentley .....Not good enough for the Championship, will only get splinters on the bench
Payne..... 'Superstar' made the wrong move, to a team that got promoted to the PL
Bridge..... Who wants players who want first team football
Lenny...... How dare out POTY be wanted by bigger clubs who will pay him a lot more than us.

Oh and if Millwall show any interest in a player, even if he doesn't for one second even speak to them we should all think less of the man and look for faults in every match he plays

I love the judgements from you guys if a player leaves or even considers it.

Atkinson...No ambition
Thompson....Why would you go to a tin pot club
Bentley .....Not good enough for the Championship, will only get splinters on the bench
Payne..... 'Superstar' made the wrong move, to a team that got promoted to the PL
Bridge..... Who wants players who want first team football
Lenny...... How dare out POTY be wanted by bigger clubs who will pay him a lot more than us.

Oh and if Millwall show any interest in a player, even if he doesn't for one second even speak to them we should all think less of the man and look for faults in every match he plays

I definitely don't agree with those, no criticism on Will, Bentley or Lenny at all. Thompson, yes, the only one I agree with. Payne, it was the wrong move AT THAT TIME, another full season with us would have been much better for him although it depends how financially motivated he is rather than how high a level he wants to sustain a career at. Bridge, well, I think he listened to his agent a bit too much, I like him and hope he can recover and build a career with us.

I definitely don't agree with those, no criticism on Will, Bentley or Lenny at all. Thompson, yes, the only one I agree with. Payne, it was the wrong move AT THAT TIME, another full season with us would have been much better for him although it depends how financially motivated he is rather than how high a level he wants to sustain a career at. Bridge, well, I think he listened to his agent a bit too much, I like him and hope he can recover and build a career with us.

Tongue-in-cheek was what I had in mind.

Millwall's first game of the season is this coming Friday - evening kick off away at Notts Forest.

In contrast to the offer from Millwall, Middlesborough are paying £6.5m for a player from Wham!

To be fair (not that I particularly want to be to Millwall, but anyway), Middlesbrough will be on Premiershite parachute payments presumably whereas the knuckle-dragging imbeciles from Bermondsey are potless

To be fair (not that I particularly want to be to Millwall, but anyway), Middlesbrough will be on Premiershite parachute payments presumably whereas the knuckle-dragging imbeciles from Bermondsey are potless.

Millwall had that very good cup run that should have put some money in the coffers (admittedly not nearly as much as the parachute payments) and then the play-off games should again have helped them out.

I see there is an article on the B.B.C. where Mick McCarthy is questioning the spending in that division. Puts Burton's ability to stay there into the headlights.

As much as I would like perpetual damnation and vintage horse manure to rain down on Millwall, that is because I don't like them as a club and also because I'm extremely jealous that they picked the last play-off berth and then got promoted, gits. They've brought in 7 new players so far, two of them with previous recent Championship experience. Whether that will be enough I don't know, but promoted clubs often then have a good first season in the higher league. So I'm expecting them to stay up. Maybe the following year they might wobble. I would add that I would be very happy if my prediction is total rubbish.

Last edited:
Millwall have signed midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe (ex Fulham).

Maybe, they too, have got the message . . .

I think Chris Phillips said that Millwall hand ended their interest after their last bid was knocked back.

Back