• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

24/2/1974
vs Wrexham - Division 3
1 - 1 ( Chris Guthrie )
Att: 10,054

I think my old man still has the programme !

Only four of us had our first game as an away....Seems low in a away maybe?

DtS
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCEssex @ Sep. 04 2006,13:49)]Well done Xabia Shrimper, top topic, glad 100 games got added.  Can't actually believe some people came back to Southend looking at the list, especially if your first game was the loss at home to Kingstonian in the cup.
That was my game!

Probably had something to do with FA Cup fever, Roget running the distance of the pitch to get involved in a fight and feeling more involved in that game than any other live games I've been to in the past.

Good job you didn't ask what was you first ever "football" match you watched. Although mine was a classic Cup giant-killing, I won't admit to who was, it wasn't a Southend game, is all I will say!!
tounge.gif

2 may 1985-86 in division 3
at roots hall football ground
southend 5-0 rochdale ( cadette 3,pennyfather,engwell)
att: 1,153

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemo @ Sep. 21 2006,20:48)]att: 1,153
For a crowd like that there used to be about 100 people in the South Bank, 300 in East Stand seats, 200 in East Stand paddocks, 300 in West Stand & 250 in the North Bank and the ground could hold 35,000!!!!!!!

Now we get more than 1,100 people just in the South Lower for a League match.

Monday 20th October 1975

SUFC 4-1 Halifax

In the old Div3, and was a wet night. I stood right behind the goal in the old South stand. Dont remember much more other than feeling very cold!!

Blimey it must be nearly Xmas - snowy has posted
wink.gif

Saturday 9th August 1980

SUFC 1 (Pountney) Oxford 0

It was a league cup game and I stood in the West Stand corner near the South Bank with my older sister. I was so excited about being allowed to go to the match that after 60mins I got bored and started running up and down the terraces to amuse myself.

First game was Halloween 1981. Stockport at home. Two-nil to the Blues, goals from Terry Gray and Keith Mercer. What a home record we had that year, 19 wins, 4 draws and no defeats. I quickly learned that this was not going to happen every year.

Back