• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Normally I book the first two weeks of the kids holidays off but as we went to Florida in March and New York in June I only have enough holiday for a week this year, which is lucky as didnt even think about the season starting so early.

However that does mean I will be in the Lake District on Saturday morning so will have a 330 mile journey home, so hoping if I leave by about 7-30am we can be home in time for the game.

I had almost written it off a couple of weeks ago as the A13 was sheduled to be closed for the bridge work at Stanford-le-hope and that would have caused big delays coming to Southend and probably killed any chance I had of getting there. Thats luckily been postponed by the look of it.

So now I know I can get there I have to say despite the normal off the field chaos Im actually really looking forward to the first game.

Im not quite so excited. Will be on the Isle of Wight for the first game of the season, but my good lady has agreed to come home a day early so that me and my son dont miss the second game on the Saturday. A few more signings and i might get more excited, but at the mo can only see a season of sturggle, BUT, i will be there 100% behind the boys, just not first game!!

I'm off back to Australia tomorrow, so I'm gutted that I never got a game this time.

Will be listening to BP next Saturday night and hoping for a win.

ALWAYS excited for the first game. It usually lasts until about 3 minutes into the game...

Can't wait for it to start. Off to Roots Hall tonight to whet my appetite. Next Saturday can't come soon enough. Hopefully it will be nice weather, nothing better than the first game of the season in the sun with shorts on.

Because of my wifes selfish attitude , she insisted we book a holiday for us and the kids - I don't really even like them that much !

Can't wait for it to start. Off to Roots Hall tonight to whet my appetite. Next Saturday can't come soon enough. Hopefully it will be nice weather, nothing better than the first game of the season in the sun with shorts on.

Make sure you sit behind the goal that Plymouth are shooting at. That'd put anybody off scoring :raspberry:

One of my oldest friends is having his stag on the 3rd. Still debating whether or not I'll get to the game before heading up to London to be made skint.

all dayer first game of the season! I feel like a kid at xmas, and the better half said enjoy the weekend see you Sunday! whooooooooo cant wait!!

Well Ive been t'up north all week with out the internet for 99% of it and just catching up.

Came home a day early as a 6 hour drive just seemed to much to get home and actually get to the game in time. Still looking forward to tomorrow, footie is back, already !!?!

Well Ive been t'up north all week with out the internet for 99% of it and just catching up.

Came home a day early as a 6 hour drive just seemed to much to get home and actually get to the game in time. Still looking forward to tomorrow, footie is back, already !!?!

Impressed,that's dedication! :thumbsup:

Back