• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The thing is that neither Hunt nor BBBC have been involved with Southend this season. If they had, they would have seen that exciting forward play is the name of the game from PB now. There was a post on the Walsall board which pointed out that Southend won because they we have put all our resources into buying scoring power this season. PB may be marmite to some Blues supporters, you don't sound too keen on him, but we are in 6th place today as a result of his actions. That will do for me for the moment.

I read this also.... They were raving about our strike force and they're not the only other club supporters who have said this, this season.

I read this also.... They were raving about our strike force and they're not the only other club supporters who have said this, this season.

Which just goes to re-enforce how bizarre yesterday's selection was! I liked Noel Hunt, and he was quite the joker but maybe his ego was rather bigger than it ought to have been, certainly the team seem much more together this season.

Which just goes to re-enforce how bizarre yesterday's selection was! I liked Noel Hunt, and he was quite the joker but maybe his ego was rather bigger than it ought to have been, certainly the team seem much more together this season.

I personally feel that if Hunt was playing for us he wouldn't even make the bench. Looking at our bench yesterday, the majority of them would be first choice for many clubs in this League. And we had the likes of Mooney who couldn't even make the bench and would certainly make the bench for most clubs in this league also.

Whilst not disagreeing with the three posts above, he still feels sore about it 10 months on to even mention it and it is another example of dressing room unrest a year ago. Bizarrely Brown wanted to keep him on - what's that about?

Just a bit of arse covering. Make an offer you know a player will refuse and he moves on. That way if he is a roaring success at another club you can say "we did try".

Hunt knew he was going long before the end of the season. I was in the blues lounge about a year ago and he was one of the injured (surprise) players who have to do the 10 minutes with the punters on match day. The likes of Timlin laughed and joked whilst Hunt ignored everyone and watched the TV. He was well paid that week for sitting on Ben Clarkson's treatment table, so the least he could do is engage for 5 minutes with the fans. Most of them are celebrating something special when their having a meal deal so Hunt went down in my estimation.

PB didn't freeze him out it was injuries that spoilt his time with us. So having a cheap swipe at an ex manger one year later says a lot about Noel Hunt. If the "ambitious" Pompey get promoted I wonder which club Noel will limp into next.

Just a bit of arse covering. Make an offer you know a player will refuse and he moves on. That way if he is a roaring success at another club you can say "we did try".

Hunt knew he was going long before the end of the season. I was in the blues lounge about a year ago and he was one of the injured (surprise) players who have to do the 10 minutes with the punters on match day. The likes of Timlin laughed and joked whilst Hunt ignored everyone and watched the TV. He was well paid that week for sitting on Ben Clarkson's treatment table, so the least he could do is engage for 5 minutes with the fans. Most of them are celebrating something special when their having a meal deal so Hunt went down in my estimation.

PB didn't freeze him out it was injuries that spoilt his time with us. So having a cheap swipe at an ex manger one year later says a lot about Noel Hunt. If the "ambitious" Pompey get promoted I wonder which club Noel will limp into next.

He's a sick note.............. That was a cheap swipe at PB and the club in my eyes. Good luck with finding another club next season but I doubt anyone will take him.

Back