• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2 Things Really Getting My Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMWLT

Banned
2 items of news this weekend from my favourite paper

1. An asian only festival in ealing over the weekend, purely and simply for asians, playing asian music, serving asian food, lots of comments from the organisers, pretty much putting in the face of people, celebrating their culture in our country

2.and after experiencing all this nonsense above, why pop along, to britains

polish only pub!! for poles, serving polish beer only and polish speaking staff.

you couldnt make it up, what has happened to our country.

Now I realise many many many of you on here, are more left wing and pc correct than ken kinky livingstone, which takes some doing

But can you imagine the outcry, if we set up a english only music festival and and english only pub

the only way to deal with this, is to stamp them out

shades of pre war germany me thinks

I am to, its a effing joke. Along with the MOBO's etc

Why is this considered OK but us flying the flag of St George is considered to be insulting. It makes me mad

I've no problem with a festival celebrating Asian culture within an area with a high Asian population, but to make it Asian only is, without a doubt racist (quite literally discriminating against on grounds of race)

Similarly, with the Polish bar, no problem with a Polish themed bar selling only Polish food/beer etc, not even a problem with Polish speaking staff, just as lon as they can, and will, speak English for English speaking customers. In fact, if they were to do this it could be quite a good pub. My experience of Poles is they're slightly insane, good company, and with an ability to drink vast amounts!

I've no problem with a festival celebrating Asian culture within an area with a high Asian population, but to make it Asian only is, without a doubt racist (quite literally discriminating against on grounds of race)

Similarly, with the Polish bar, no problem with a Polish themed bar selling only Polish food/beer etc, not even a problem with Polish speaking staff, just as lon as they can, and will, speak English for English speaking customers. In fact, if they were to do this it could be quite a good pub. My experience of Poles is they're slightly insane, good company, and with an ability to drink vast amounts!

completely agree

how can different cultures expect to become integrated and accepted within the English Community when they are putting up barriers such as these?

2 items of news this weekend from my favourite paper

1. An asian only festival in ealing over the weekend, purely and simply for asians, playing asian music, serving asian food, lots of comments from the organisers, pretty much putting in the face of people, celebrating their culture in our country

The 'only for Asians' bit is fluent nonsense. I presume you're referring to the Mela held in Gunnersbury Park which I (and plenty of other whiteys) went to in 2005 - and bloody good it was too. Best samosas ever. This year's one was also welcome to all.

Perhaps these people should follow footballs example where large numbers of blacks and asians enjoy the game without fear of intimidation.

I agree totally this behaviour must be stamped out.

I think its a far more widespread problem than this though and we look to farther afield.

Every country Ive been to has had British pubs selling british beer to British people who have emigrated. This is plain wrong. British people going over there stealing their jobs and then making no attempt to integrate into the community and creating British only ex-pat communities.

Disgusting I tell you.

I have to say that this Asian only thing is a bit of a double standard. An English only festival would be accused of being racist, which is equally wrong.
With regards to the Polish pub, why not? We have been blessed with Irish pubs for ages.

I have to say that this Asian only thing is a bit of a double standard. An English only festival would be accused of being racist, which is equally wrong.
With regards to the Polish pub, why not? We have been blessed with Irish pubs for ages.

that's not the point he is making. he 'claims' there are pubs that are exclusively for polish people

i'm yet to see evidence of this... and i know plenty of polish, dutch and czech pubs which are very nationalistic but extremely welcoming too.. which is the way it should be

Chupacabra?
Re festiviteis , if its a private event or in the case of pub then i suppose you can have who you want , but ive never heard of one of these festivals that bars other cultural groups (well with the exception of BNP maybe !)
St George issue might be left overs of warfare empire building etc . Its Original meaning lost to ignorance and time sadly (its a cross !!!!)

Tak Swansea re Polskies :D

I've not seen anything anywhere saying it is for Poles only and you would be turned away if you wasn't Polish. I don't think the Polish having their own pubs in their comunity is a bad thing as long as they are open to all. No different to English Bars in Spain.

This is one example of many things actually : at the end of my road, i have an african only cafe, and african only barbers, and in southend we have Polish only restaurants, in Harlem cout road, we have Black only bars. This is just something on a larger scale.

This is one example of many things actually : at the end of my road, i have an african only cafe, and african only barbers, and in southend we have Polish only restaurants, in Harlem cout road, we have Black only bars. This is just something on a larger scale.

show me evidence that they are exclusive places. just because you probably wouldn't go there doesn't mean that they are discriminating against you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back