• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2005 Christmas Number 1...?

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
I trust that we are all bracing ourselves for the torrent of musical ordure which is set to be released upon our airwaves over the next couple of weeks...

* Westlife Feat Diana Ross - When You Tell Me That You Love Me (has-beens covering an awful song)
* The X Factor Winner (song title to be announced - lucky us)
* Crazy Frog - Jingle Bells (please.... no....)
* England Cricket Team and Keedie - Jerusalem (ca$hing in...)
* The Choirboys - Tears in Heaven (sicklier than a Mars bar dipped in honey)
* G4 - When a Child is Born (never-have-beens covering an awful song)

If there is any justice in the world, if the British public have a shred of taste... then this gorgeous (if a little sentimental) number will make it to #1... not least because it has some great lyrics... "bezerk", "top laugh", "transformers"... Magic.

May well download it tonight.

smile.gif

Nizlopi - JCB Song

and there's a great video here:

JCB Song - video

i like that song - it's one of those you either completely love or completely hate...poll time i think
tounge.gif

Hmmm.

A dire selection of tracks this year.... the recent tradition of crap xmas number 1's will be continued methinks!

Aren't they re-releasing fairytale of new york this year?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 12 2005,17:32)]Aren't they re-releasing fairytale of new york this year?
i have heard that on magic a fair few times... the song that is, not the rumour

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 12 2005,16:49)]If there is any justice in the world, if the British public have a shred of taste... then this gorgeous (if a little sentimental) number will make it to #1... not least because it has some great lyrics... "bezerk", "top laugh", "transformers"... Magic.

May well download it tonight.

smile.gif

Nizlopi - JCB Song

and there's a great video here:

JCB Song - video
Maybe I'm getting all sentimental in my old age, or maybe it's fatherhood that's doing it to me but I really find that song so very moving.

Simple, heartfelt and quite brilliant - it won't be number one (the X Factor winner will be of course) but it should be.

Just heard the song in full for the first time. I too found it very moving and not too dissimilar to 'Luka' by Suzanne Vega (one of my all-time favourite songs) in the way that the disturbing subject matter is subtly yet beautifully presented.

According to the midweek charts it should be number one this weekend (currently holding off the dire Westlife/Diana Ross dirge). I guess the X Factor single will probably beat it fairly comfortably next week, though, as single sales are really low at the moment so it won't take as many copies to be #1 as in previous years.

Back