• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

God I hope not Cassidy was awful

By the looks of it, when he signed for Oldham last summer, he signed a two year deal with an option of a third year, so may well not be him.

Anthony Grant would be my choice.

My guess is an ex-player joining the coaching staff.

If it's Jake Cassidy then I will return my season ticket. To think our forwards would consist of Cassidy, Mooney, Williams and Ranger is simply to hard to bare. Even by Browns appalling standards at signing strikers this would be right up there as the worst :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I highly doubt it will be Cassidy. After 17 games and 0 goals for us, he went on to Oldham to achieve 23 games and 0 goals for them. No League One, maybe even League Two team would touch him with a barge pole.

I see Port Vale have signed 8 from abroad , in the past couple of weeks, from Portugal, France and Holland. Be interesting to see how they go . Unfortunately the dinghy we hired to row our scout to Canvey Island was turned back by border control

I do wonder about our scouting policy as Echo reports we are keen on JCR... Do you reckon Phil just goes down to Shrimpers Bar and look at the photos on the wall. Let's hope that he doesn't think Peter Clarke is the answer to our centre back problem....

I wonder if we could possibly spot or scout anyone on our Spanish trip? Was it Periera who nearly came back last time. All joking aside ! I do get frustrated with what feels like a lack of ambition, imagination, forward planning , strategy, call it what you will, when you see Other clubs picking up talent from the Conference leagues or abroad, whilst we search for the latest has been, ex player or crock. I hope JCR is not on the way back , just as much as I foresaw Barnard to be a daft signing. Despite this frustration I desperately hope the Nile move proves to be a brave one for everyone's sake

Llloyd Dyer? A 33 year old who hasnt played for a year. Yeah sounds like we simply must sign him. Wtf. :hilarious:

Lloyd dyer is a quality player who I expect will still play championship football next term. He would be s class addition to our side.

Lloyd dyer is a quality player who I expect will still play championship football next term. He would be s class addition to our side.

Cant see him in the championship when he only made 3 subs appearances last season and appeared in less than 90 minutes of football.

I do wonder about our scouting policy as Echo reports we are keen on JCR... Do you reckon Phil just goes down to Shrimpers Bar and look at the photos on the wall. Let's hope that he doesn't think Peter Clarke is the answer to our centre back problem....

There are these things called agents- JCR would be looking for a new club, agent would say I am looking but anywhere you fancy?, JCR says wouldn't mind going back to Southend... PB gets the call.... PB remembers him ripping us a new one at Bramhall Lane last year, gets the videos out, talks to his last manager and a few others that have watched him...PB decides whether to meet for some talks.....as many transfers are about agents approaching clubs as clubs approaching agents.

Now that would be a good signing, but not an ex player! Although BBC Essex did tweet earlier that there would be transfer news for one of the Essex sides tomorrow

I think that will be us, we sound like we have signed a young striker from Forest Green, and possibly will be announcing another signing as well.

I see Port Vale have signed 8 from abroad , in the past couple of weeks, from Portugal, France and Holland. Be interesting to see how they go . Unfortunately the dinghy we hired to row our scout to Canvey Island was turned back by border control

I noticed that yesterday. They have a new foreign manager who seems to be only signing foreign players. Like you say will be interesting to see how they get on, they might struggle with the rough and tumble of lower league English football.

Back