• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Beefy

Life President
Its almost that time of year again. Wrestlemania 22 takes place on Sunday 2nd April live at midnight on Sky Sports. And yet again, having promised myself that I'd make it over there with some mates I will instead find myself in Bournemouth that weekend watching the Mighty Shrimpers instead. Probably for the best.

Been a bit underwealmed by the build-up this year. Possibly because I haven't watched Smackdown in six months and because I'm no great fan of Triple H, Shawn Michaels or John Cena who have all been the main guys on Raw for a while. Mania is always going to be a good show though.

The Card:

John Cena vs Triple H (WWE Championship)

Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio (World Championship)

Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon

The Undertaker vs Mark Henry

Chris Benoit vs John Bradshaw Layfield (US Championship)

Trish Stratus vs Mickey James (Womens Championship)

Big Show & Kane vs Chris Masters & Carlito (WWE Tag Team Championhip)

Ric Flair vs Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin vs Fit Finley vs Matt Hardy vs Lashley (Money in the Bank Ladder Match)

Edge vs Mick Foley

Booker T vs The Boogeyman

Candice Michelle vs Torrie Wilson.

Think thats it...

lol no point putting the card up beefy you just know things will go full circle and everything will change
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 24 2006,09:45)]Its almost that time of year again. Wrestlemania 22 takes place on Sunday 2nd April live at midnight on Sky Sports. And yet again, having promised myself that I'd make it over there with some mates I will instead find myself in Bournemouth that weekend watching the Mighty Shrimpers instead. Probably for the best.

Been a bit underwealmed by the build-up this year. Possibly because I haven't watched Smackdown in six months and because I'm no great fan of Triple H, Shawn Michaels or John Cena who have all been the main guys on Raw for a while. Mania is always going to be a good show though.

The Card:

John Cena vs Triple H (WWE Championship)

Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio (World Championship)

Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon

Chris Benoit vs John Bradshaw Layfield (US Championship)

Trish Stratus vs Mickey James (Womens Championship)

Big Show & Kane vs Chris Masters & Carlito (WWE Tag Team Championhip)

Ric Flair vs Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin vs Fit Finley vs Matt Hardy vs Lashley (Money in the Bank Ladder Match)

Edge vs Mick Foley

Booker T vs The Boogeyman

Candice Michelle vs Torrie Wilson.

Think thats it...
is Big Daddy not in this years competition?

Ric Flair? Wow he must be in good shape for his age. Might have to reminisce and dig out my old "Summerslam 89" video.

Watching Flair wrestle can actually be quite disturbing.... well past time he retired!

Card isn't the greatest I've seen, but Mania often overcomes this - don't mind who wins the titles so long as Triple H beats the absolutely terrible John Cena....

Does anyone remember Kamala - the Ugandan headhunter?

I once saw him win without even entering the ring by using tribal magic.

All the lights went out and when they came back on his opponent was flat out on his back and his wrestling boots were on fire.

This would have been in around 1988.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 24 2006,13:43)]I'll ask my 10 year old son for some "fascinating" insights into the world of wrestling.
rock.gif
Are you raising The People's Eyebrow?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 25 2006,11:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 24 2006,13:43)]I'll ask my 10 year old son for some "fascinating" insights into the world of wrestling.
rock.gif
Are you raising The People's Eyebrow?
laugh.gif
I do miss The Rock,shame he's moved on to the movies!  
laugh.gif

rock.gif

Half the time I only still watch Raw in the hope that The Rock will come back. Gutted that he won't be at Wrestlemania.

I've got some classic Rocky promos and skits I'll have to upload soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 25 2006,11:22)]Gutted that he won't be at Wrestlemania.

I've got some classic Rocky promos and skits I'll have to upload soon.
Here, here. I still yearn for the days of The Rock and Austin...

The only other wrestler with a half decent character at the moment is HBK, and even then the WWE seem determined to make him look silly all the time...

Back