• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
What a terrific game of football!

Superb performance from the boys. The effort was top class and we thoroughly deserved the win. We played some great football and took our chances well. Swansea played some nice football but lacked quality in the final third, and I think Barrett and Prior defended extremely well. Good atmosphere at the Hall too, louder than the Swansea fans who always boast about how brilliant they are
tounge.gif

Man of the match? Some good performances, but you have to give it to Eastwood. This lad looks like the fox in the box we need, he took all 3 goals well and he has an excellent touch. Gray was good too alongside him, kept plugging away and got 2 assists with 2 very good crosses. Maher was class as ever, and Clarke was fairly solid in goal bar a few nervous moments. Up to 9th in the table, 7 wins in 9, superb!
biggrin.gif
Orient are top though!
mad.gif

Another brilliant game of football at roots hall , which is a good advertisment for league two. Two good sides up against each other. swansea looked good going foward especally lee trundle but looked very shaky in defence IMO.

We looked very good today, our finishing was awesome and freddy looks one of them strikers who will always get in the right positions to score. I did not think once gower got taken off we would win today but they suprised me with a maginificent performance especally from the two fowards. A month ago gray was not even in the team but the last few games hes been exceptional!

2 Big away games next 3 or 4 points out of 6 would be very good and that really would push up into them playoffs as this league is very very tight at the moment.

superb performance today against apparently the best team in the league. we didnt beat a top six team all last season (i think). dont know about anyone else but ive got this weird feeling that we could actually push for pomotion. still got dudfeild, bramble, smith and bently waiting in the wings. onwards and upwards we go

eastwood must have been good, even a swansea fan tried to get on the pitch to shake his hand
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Oct. 16 2004,19:42)]superb performance today against apparently the best team in the league. we didnt beat a top six team all last season (i think). dont know about anyone else but ive got this weird feeling that we could actually push for pomotion. still got dudfeild, bramble, smith and bently waiting in the wings. onwards and upwards we go
Yes but will they get in the team now?
rock.gif

I have had positive feelings about this side all season and see no reason why we can't be in the hunt for promotion this time and probably another good run in the LDV & FACup. Credit for this, has to go to Tilson & Brush, who have moulded this side into one of quality, with a subtle blend of passion, pace, raw talent and experience. That is shown gleefully with the rise in attendances, as people like to see good football.

Talking of attendances, the next home game is against the Cobblers [an apt nickname!
biggrin.gif
] and should be another big gate. Look around you and see how many new faces are in the crowd! I am sure they will become regulars this year!
wink.gif

Eastwood... I have said enough in another thread to show my feelings about this young man! we've got to sign him up... NOW!!!

SHRIMPERS... ON THE UP!
blues.gif

'cos Mike's in the U.K at the moment. Was at the match yesterday and managed to miss both our first half goals. The first he was looking the other way and was in the bog for the 2nd!! I think he caught both 2nd half goals though ...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 17 2004,19:28)]'cos Mike's in the U.K at the moment. Was at the match yesterday and managed to miss both our first half goals.
laugh.gif

Payback for all those comments about drinking san miguel in the sunshine.
biggrin.gif

Take care mate

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

Back