• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Let's hope Phil Brown doesn't make the same mistake as at Morecambe. Barry Corr playing as the one up front doesn't work for the players we have at the club. We tried that system and went on our poor run, it didn't work, and Barry Corr couldn't score as he was easily marked and didn't get in the box so much. Then we switched to 442 and not only was Barry Corr scoring goals and finding space along with others, but we were winning and not conceding at the other end. Playing the one up front lets the opposition pile forward, as they know Barry Corr doesn't have the pace to outstrip the marking defender.
Please don't get this wrong Phil Brown. Play the 442, we still might not get through the play-offs, but at least we won't go out with a whimper, and we will give it our best shot.

I hope you realise that this thread will kick off a serious feeding frenzy for mrsblue. Hang your heads in shame bad boys.

442 with Jason Williams coming in? :net:

We played 442 at Morecambe, just with Payne instead of Cassidy.

I cant see us playing Payne against Stevenage so will be back to the formation. or more accurately the selection we were playing before. (ie the one that was going to get us 3 0-0 draws before Payne came on to help turn them into 1-0 wins).

We played 442 at Morecambe, just with Payne instead of Cassidy.

I cant see us playing Payne against Stevenage so will be back to the formation. or more accurately the selection we were playing before. (ie the one that was going to get us 3 0-0 draws before Payne came on to help turn them into 1-0 wins).

No we didn't, it was Corr up top with Payne in behind. Paul Clark called it a 4411.

Blues vs. Stevenage: Bentley, White (c), Bolger, Barrett, Coker; Leonard, Timlin, Atkinson; Worrall, Corr, McLaughlin.

Oh dear. Looks like PB is hoping for a draw then.

I prefer this over 4-4-1-1 with Payne in the side which for me is neither here nor there (although I'm happy with is as a plan b from the bench). This doesn't seem too crazy to me as it's a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 with two attacking wingers and 2 central midfielders who like to get forward. Depends on implementation, I'll trust Brown for now.

I don't necessarily agree with 4-5-1 but I can understand why Brown may go a little cautious. Stevenage are very, very good at home but poor on their travels. If we can come away from tonight level or better then personally I think we're in very good shape for Thursday.

Not over the top at all. We have been on a great run using 442, we change it at Morecambe and get stuffed, now we go 451 today. I've really had enough. I hope his contract is withdrawn.

And if we draw/win...do we still want Brown to go? Or is this just a pre-math over reaction to a slight change in tactics for a knock out tournement?

Back