• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jimmyshrimp

Manager
Sick of all this doom and gloom.
Here my list of 5 good things about Southend, please add yours.

1 Paul Sturrock as manager
2 Having Freddy back
3 Barry Corr back fit
4 Having the North Bank back
5 The Railway pub pre match

Boom!:thumbsup:

1. Have some good friends through going to football.
2. Witnessed Steve Tilson as player and then manager at the club.....The most true man to a club that a club could wish for.
3. Match days.
4. Being my local team.
5. Roots Hall. May not seem much to a lot but it does to me.

1. The Fans - the heart and soul of our club
2. The history - all our stories are there... Including those who have been promoted to glory
3. Freddy - every club has their heroes who take us to another level and his ours
4. PS - loved ST, but IMO this man just inspires me... Much stands and falls on leadership and we have a beauty on the hook at present... Just hope he isn't cut or breaks loose to soon
5. The drama - despite the anxiety and uncertainty, the blues saga rivals all the great stories ever told and all great stories have this element... It inspires, it frustrates, it can be downright embarrassing and at times you swear you'll sop watching this drivel, but their you are riveted to the next instalment and looking forward to the next

But really i only have just one reason... I just love this club:happy:

The away day promotions and I've seen all of them since the 70s
The legend players - Donut, Maher and many others
The legend managers- Webb, Smith, Tilly and possibly to come Sturrock
3 Cardiff trips all memorable despite the results of the first two
The feeling I miss on a Saturday afternoon when the players walk out on the pitch and my hair stands up with a lump in my throat

Only 5 ? I could do 50

1. Have some good friends through going to football.
2. Witnessed Steve Tilson as player and then manager at the club.....The most true man to a club that a club could wish for.
3. Match days.
4. Being my local team.
5. Roots Hall. May not seem much to a lot but it does to me.

The most true man to a club that a club could wish for. Apart from last game of the season before the Doncaster playoff game he was heard saying he would be sticking youth and reserves out overheard by the then ticket office manager who said but we have 10k fans for the game to which he apparently said "**** the fans" - yeah nice guy! :nope: oh yeah as well as being a grass too! but thats another story

Sick of all this doom and gloom.
Here my list of 5 good things about Southend, please add yours.

1 Paul Sturrock as manager
2 Having Freddy back
3 Barry Corr back fit
4 Having the North Bank back
5 The Railway pub pre match

Boom!:thumbsup:
Kin ell they are my 5 bested as well ,see you in the railway tuesday!

1. Following in my Dad's footsteps
2. Some of my best friends are through SUFC
3. Witnessing some amazing moments in my lifetime - 2 cup finals, 2 promotions, Man U, Chelsea etc.
4. Freddy :Worthy:
5. Roots Hall - I love it

1) the fans
2) supporting your local team
3) match days
4) stan collymore
5) having freddy and corr back

1. The anticipation each week, still get excited before every game
2. Bonding time with my son and the fact he supports The Blues too
3. Supporting my local team and proud to do so
4. Memories of watching Collymore play in the Blue shirt, amazing times
5. Beating Col Ewe

1. The constant hope that maybe , just maybe.......
2. The knot you get in your stomach on pre-match days ( or that could be the curry from the previous night ? )
3. My sons optimisim that one day we could reach the Premier League.
4. Fridays nights at Roots Hall ( was it Barnet last year when that French guy scored a hat trick ? )
5. Luke Prossers imminent International call up

1) supporting a team that has a small enough amount of fans to really get to know them and have a chat after going to a few games.
2) this dedicated website to all the news that you could possibly ever wish for (minus some inside knowledge ofcourse)
3) being able to get to any game at home I want (location, cost and empty seats)
4) The journey - cheering on the likes of ben abbey to cheering on Freddy Eastwood. League 2 to the Championship and back with some big cup ties, plus the finance situation - it's been a whirlwind recently.
5) the memories/away games - travelled up and down the country with southend and those memories are fantastic. away days with just 100 or so fans - pleased i made the effort.

Crikey - this thread makes me want to get back into it again. I just don't know anyone!

1. The only club in the WORLD with a 100% record against Manchester United.
2. It's never dull - promotions, relegations, play-offs, transfer embargos, crazy Tunisians.
3. Roots Hall - proper old-fashioned football ground. So much character. Will miss it dearly if/when we ever move.
4. Away days, cheering on the boys with 200 other hardcore fans in some crappy town, the banter.
5. Having the moral high ground over glory-hunting armchair Man U/Arsenal fans.

The most true man to a club that a club could wish for. Apart from last game of the season before the Doncaster playoff game he was heard saying he would be sticking youth and reserves out overheard by the then ticket office manager who said but we have 10k fans for the game to which he apparently said "**** the fans" - yeah nice guy! :nope: oh yeah as well as being a grass too! but thats another story

If this is true then you take things far to heart too much. Do you think Sturrock refers to fans in a nice manner who think he plays 'hoofball'? He has already made public negative comments branding 'fans' regarding this.

Actions speak far louder than words. How many players today would have a tantrum when a bid for them was rejected from a higher league club? How many managers would resign after interest from a bigger club was turned down? Not many would you say?

Tilson has done so much good for the club. Is it more of a personal thing as to why you dislike him so much?

If this is true then you take things far to heart too much. Do you think Sturrock refers to fans in a nice manner who think he plays 'hoofball'? He has already made public negative comments branding 'fans' regarding this.

Actions speak far louder than words. How many players today would have a tantrum when a bid for them was rejected from a higher league club? How many managers would resign after interest from a bigger club was turned down? Not many would you say?

Tilson has done so much good for the club. Is it more of a personal thing as to why you dislike him so much?

You sent me a private message and I have replied nobody can doubt achievements but your making the person not the manager to be a saint where as I am led to believe otherwise

You sent me a private message and I have replied nobody can doubt achievements but your making the person not the manager to be a saint where as I am led to believe otherwise

I think it's common knowledge that Tilson, as a man, was certainly no saint.

1. The look on peoples faces when I explain my team is Southend
2. Not one but two stints in the second tier - massive achievement for a club like ours
3. David Crown, Glenn Pennyfather, Paul Clark to name but a few
4. Leigh on Sea is nearby
5. Train back to London

Back