• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1. Rootshall - I absolutly love the place, will be sorry to see it go.
2. Standing in North Bank, in my early years, with my girlfriend, now my wife, and now back in the North Bank with my 3 Children beside me cheering SUFC on.
3. Oh my, being in the East Blue seats when Barry Fry returned to Rootshall with Birmingham city, back in, ? tell me 1992? now that was absolutly mental then, have never seen an atmosphere like that at Rootshall Since, man that really rocked, hell yes.
4. Steve Tilson, if ever we were to get a statue out side our ground, it should be of Steve Tilson.
5. Getting the North Bank back.

You sent me a private message and I have replied nobody can doubt achievements but your making the person not the manager to be a saint where as I am led to believe otherwise

If this is true then you take things far to heart too much. Do you think Sturrock refers to fans in a nice manner who think he plays 'hoofball'? He has already made public negative comments branding 'fans' regarding this.

Actions speak far louder than words. How many players today would have a tantrum when a bid for them was rejected from a higher league club? How many managers would resign after interest from a bigger club was turned down? Not many would you say?

Tilson has done so much good for the club. Is it more of a personal thing as to why you dislike him so much?

i thought this was a thread of what people think is good about southend trust true blue to turn it into a negative about a club legend

The away day promotions and I've seen all of them since the 70s
The legend players - Donut, Maher and many others
The legend managers- Webb, Smith, Tilly and possibly to come Sturrock
3 Cardiff trips all memorable despite the results of the first two
The feeling I miss on a Saturday afternoon when the players walk out on the pitch and my hair stands up with a lump in my throat

Only 5 ? I could do 50

Does that not mean you've seen all our promotions then? IIRC we hadn't been promoted at all before then?

i thought this was a thread of what people think is good about southend trust true blue to turn it into a negative about a club legend

Its a website for topical debate, somebody has offered their view I have given them an opposing one if you have trouble understanding that as well as you appear to with any grammar then we are all doomed!

Its a website for topical debate, somebody has offered their view I have given them an opposing one if you have trouble understanding that as well as you appear to with any grammar then we are all doomed!

Please be careful if you're going to accuse someone of bad grammar...................

1. Having my eldest son follow Southend with me even though he's never lived in Essex
2. Beating Ipshite Town 2-0 at Portman Road
3. The stanchion in my viewing line in the West Stand
4. That nothing is ever predictable
5. The next game

1. That they are my home town so they chose me rather than I chose them
2. Seeing Stan the Man in full flight
3. Seeing Tony Hadley dribble out of his own box against Liverpool with three men on him
4. Seeing Benji score at Bury and still being in the Silver Jubilee that same evening before closing time
5. Sharing the joy with Duncan Jupp at the Millenium Stadium

1) Following in my dads footsteps
2) Some great memories already
3) Freddy Eastwood back
4) The fans
5) The atmosphere home & away

The most true man to a club that a club could wish for. Apart from last game of the season before the Doncaster playoff game he was heard saying he would be sticking youth and reserves out overheard by the then ticket office manager who said but we have 10k fans for the game to which he apparently said "**** the fans" - yeah nice guy! :nope: oh yeah as well as being a grass too! but thats another story
Yeah so what, he was doing his job, I would think less of a manager that put out a side to appease fans then get a couple of key players injured who became ruled out of the play offs. You have to take that for what it was, a professional decision to try and ensure success in the next game, at the end of the day a poor choice of words maybe but the sentiment was correct.

1. The only club in the WORLD with a 100% record against Manchester United.
2. It's never dull - promotions, relegations, play-offs, transfer embargos, crazy Tunisians.
3. Roots Hall - proper old-fashioned football ground. So much character. Will miss it dearly if/when we ever move.
4. Away days, cheering on the boys with 200 other hardcore fans in some crappy town, the banter.
5. Having the moral high ground over glory-hunting armchair Man U/Arsenal fans.

I also believe that Zenit St Petersburg, Vasco de Gama and Bootle Reserves also have 100% record as well (although none come close to Southend United)

Back