• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 50 Players were always meant to be chasing but never actually signed.

Roy O'Donovan. Breathes sigh of relief!

Andy Robinson.

What, this guy?
scorpio.jpg

Very accurate and could take a beating and keep on agitating.

Row, Row, Row your Boat!

David Beckham (before he went to Preston)

Sir Bobby Robson (before he went to either PSV or Barcelona)

Both these "rumours" came direct from John Adams when he was Vice-Chairman

7. Jonny Ekstrom (1995 ish)

Recall us trying to sign thr then Swedish world cup star in the Colin Murphy days. Bobby Houghton I think knew him and word was it was a done deal. Needless to say it wasnt.

That would have been 1992.

I fondly remember the Blues News proclaiming "this is not a publicity stunt".

David Beckham (before he went to Preston)

Sir Bobby Robson (before he went to either PSV or Barcelona)

Both these "rumours" came direct from John Adams when he was Vice-Chairman

Have you anything from a reliable source to corroborate these stories?

To be honest James the Robson thing to which i was referring was that he was considering becoming our manager, i have no recollection of when this would've been but i'd hazard a guess at early 90s probably around the Mad Murph era

My post was referring to him being offered the job in the late 1960s.

There is no way in a million years Bobby Robson would have been considering the Southend job at any point in the 1990s, when he managed PSV, Porto, Sporting CP, Barcelona and Newcastle.

My post was referring to him being offered the job in the late 1960s.

There is no way in a million years Bobby Robson would have been considering the Southend job at any point in the 1990s, when he managed PSV, Porto, Sporting CP, Barcelona and Newcastle.

I found it hard to believe to, but as YB pointed out, i have no evidence from a "reputable source" on which to base my claims :D

I found it hard to believe to, but as YB pointed out, i have no evidence from a "reputable source" on which to base my claims :D

The rumour about Bobby Robson becoming our manager was confirmed by the man himself in his autobiography. But the date would have been around 1966/67. As ever our finances being impecunious put the brakes on the deal.

Back