• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

8,651 - C*l Ewes record attendance at lego brick box

I thought the stadium itself was quite tidy, reminded me a lot of Sixfields, but only bigger. My only point regarding the build of the stadium was the fact it had 4 open corners, rather than being completely enclosed, which would have been preferrable.

My biggest point is the view from where I sat - I was in block 4, Row S, and seat 110-112 - this meant I had a bloody great wall to my left completely blocking the view of the corner flag and about 20 yards down the left touch line as I was looking at it. That is DISGRACEFUL for a new stadium, but it gets better - that was a £22 ticket, with no mention of the word Restricted View!!!

I shall be contacing both Colchester and Southend on Monday (in particular Colchester) and asking why the ground was designed like this, and on top of that, how they can justify selling this ticket for £22 when you can't see the entire game!!

I had a quick look at the view from those seats and I agree there are quite a few seats in that section that should be sold as restricted view. I suppose they designed the ground knowing that very few away teams would fill the away end.

I wonder why the police control room could not have been built into one of the corners of the ground. Lets face it they will never need to expand the ground and that would have given them room for another 250 or so seats in the away end.

Did anyone else spot the design fault of having a stripe of white seats behind the home end goal,making it difficult to pick out the frame of the goal?

Agreed ! Would have been far better to have swapped the blue and white seats behind each goal so that the goals could be picked out on a backdrop of empty blue seats instead.

The main advantage of the new ground is that it was the first time I have actually clearly seen a goal scored at our end in a Colchester away match, at the old ground you could only see about a quarter of the goal unless you were directly behind it - 'character' can be over stated !

The ground is very like Shrewsbury's, even with the police room similarly stuck in the corner of the away seats. I agree that it should be put in one of the corners but perhaps Colchester is leaving the corner areas clear in case they are needed, ahem, for possible future expansion of the stadium !!

Nice photo of the only bit of the ground that was full.

Was that their attempt at a card display aswell, or am I seeing things?

0,,10424~5380449,00.jpg

This is a card display....

n831145251_4790235_2541.jpg

Another 1-0 Southend.

Last edited:
Was that their attempt at a card display aswell, or am I seeing things?

0,,10424~5380449,00.jpg

This is a card display....

n831145251_4790235_2541.jpg

Another 1-0 Southend.
The farmers aren't clever enough to know what to do with a piece of blue card and most of them are probably Southend fans in disguise

I was in the end block towards the West 4 rows from the front and thought the view was awful tbh, though thats possibly because i sit in Row X at RH

Down to 3,179 tonight, not that I'd be so "bitter" as to suggest that it makes their claims that they are worth Championship football look even more laughable.

;)

To be fair, we had our lowest crowd of the season so far tonight too.

Yup, but with not far short of double their numbers.

To be honest, it makes me cringe a bit when I hear our fans implying that we're in a position to expect Championship football. Coming from them it's something else.

Back