• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

turkishm

Director
Where does the blame lie for not getting promoted. Well some say Ron Martin, for helping to put us in this league in the first place. Some say PB, for not rotating the team enough. For me the players themselves must stand up and be counted. We should have never been in the playoffs in the first place. Gaining 8 points out off a possible 36, not winning a game from Jan 28 to March24, and in doing so losing to clubs near the bottom of the league, stopped us breezing into the top three.

Lack of fire power I think cost us ultimately. We were good enough at the back and had we had Egan/Jakub all season I think the lack of goals would have been ok. However when you can only really rely on BBBC to get your goals then you have issues.

We lacked pace upfront and any real support for BBBC. Think this forced us to play 4-5-1 at home which is not ideal.

For me next season we need to replace Freddy and Barney (sorry lads I love you I really do) with two other forwards that can hit the net.

I don't think it's that simple. How many chances has Barnard missed? Not many I can recall. Corr gets all the praise and rightly so on performances. He was awesome against Burton on Saturday but he misses a fair few with his feet. The style we play with balls whipped into the box suits Corr but not Eastwood or Barnard. That's where the decision lies for next season. We are completely ineffective at times as despite all the pretty play and build up we are very predictable up top and teams have worked us out. Next season we end to work out our plan B and I reckon it has to be pace. No real genius needed to work it out but it needs to happen. We need a plan b and more often.

I don't think anyone is particularly to "blame". A few extra goals during our winless run and we would've got automatic promotion, and on Saturday it was two set-pieces what done us. The first a perfect delivery, and the second one unluckily falling to their best player. As others have said, signing a couple of decent forwards who can offer alternatives to Corr is the main improvement that's needed. We've had a good season and can be proud of our defensive record.

I agree with magnum, we was playing the same attacking style every week teams knew what to expect then look at what happened when we played oxfgord at home on that monday night, Loza hit them with a different approach and tore them a new one! im taking nothing away form jamal for that performance but had we had more pace up front for the whole season we could of kept teams second guessing at what approach we were going to take

Lack of goals is quite frankly not a viable excuse. We scored 56 goals. Not brilliant, but only bettered by 5 other teams in the league.

Burton only scored 47 goals. Pacy forwards would help with a plan B, but what really killed us was the weather and the pitches, not suiting our passing game. There is no co-incidence that the bad run game from the end of Jan until the end of March when Noah would of been a good neighbor to have, as it didn't stop raining.

It was a failure to adapt to difficult windy/muddy conditions with teams playing route one and forcing us into playing a style of football we were not happy with.

Also during that run, we did have a bit of bad luck (Wycombe, with Bentley's OG springs to mind).

Pacy forwards to run off Corr would help with that, and a better approach to playing more like a League Two side when necessary would see us in the top 3 next season.

Lack of goals is quite frankly not a viable excuse. We scored 56 goals. Not brilliant, but only bettered by 5 other teams in the league.

Burton only scored 47 goals. Pacy forwards would help with a plan B, but what really killed us was the weather and the pitches, not suiting our passing game. There is no co-incidence that the bad run game from the end of Jan until the end of March when Noah would of been a good neighbor to have, as it didn't stop raining.

It was a failure to adapt to difficult windy/muddy conditions with teams playing route one and forcing us into playing a style of football we were not happy with.

Also during that run, we did have a bit of bad luck (Wycombe, with Bentley's OG springs to mind).

Pacy forwards to run off Corr would help with that, and a better approach to playing more like a League Two side when necessary would see us in the top 3 next season.

Agree, it wasn't necessarily the lack of goals that did for us. The pitches in February and March didn't help (there again we have to face that every year) but neither, as I've said MANY times before, did the loss of our central midfield. Kiernen leaving, a blow.....Prosser and Thompson both injured, without immediate replacements......................a disaster.

Agree, it wasn't necessarily the lack of goals that did for us. The pitches in February and March didn't help (there again we have to face that every year) but neither, as I've said MANY times before, did the loss of our central midfield. Kiernen leaving, a blow.....Prosser and Thompson both injured, without immediate replacements......................a disaster.

Of course, that should have read, central-defence! :blush:

Back