• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
No, I don't mean the players, I take that as a given, or should.

I mean us lot, TBV, W block, East Stand, Family area, South Upper, South Lower.

It looks like we're going to have a decent crowd today and we hear so much on here about how everyone wants out of this division so let's give it 100% for the full 90 minutes today and show how much WE want it.

Lots of good, loud, POSITIVE, support.

Whatever the result come out of the ground this afternoon with hoarse voices and be able to hold your heads high and say, 'We did our bit.' :thumbsup:

More shameful was the pathetic immature response to this from people around me. Quite embarrassing to be honest and just downright wrong.

Just a shame some idiot deemed it OK to yell during the minute's silence.

The idiot is question was severely disabled and came to the game with another disabled person and two parents or carers. The poor people looking after him did there absolute best to keep him quiet before moving him into the north west corner on there own.

He was shouting for Southend (our side) and sadly could understand what was going on. Appreciate it was a flippant comment but think you could have thought about It a bit before calling a disabled person an idiot. Who in there right mind would shout abuse during a minutes silence for supporters of a club we have no dealings with.

The idiot is question was severely disabled and came to the game with another disabled person and two parents or carers. The poor people looking after him did there absolute best to keep him quiet before moving him into the north west corner on there own.

He was shouting for Southend (our side) and sadly could understand what was going on. Appreciate it was a flippant comment but think you could have thought about It a bit before calling a disabled person an idiot. Who in there right mind would shout abuse during a minutes silence for supporters of a club we have no dealings with.

He didn't know he was disabled did he?

If you were sitting in the West, it was very obvious the chap was disabled. However for other parts of the ground it could quite easily have been mistaken for someone mucking around I think.

If you were sitting in the West, it was very obvious the chap was disabled. However for other parts of the ground it could quite easily have been mistaken for someone mucking around I think.

I sit in the south upper and at first wasn't even sure the shouting was coming from inside or outside the ground

I think most people did realise the person in question was disabled, now I wasn't sure whereabouts the noise was coming from, but, and most carers do know their charges....might it not have been more advisable to keep the person along the back, by "smokers' corner" until after the minute's silence? I realise that might not have been possible. The noise caused plenty of head turning, from kids and others who couldn't help but react and a few people did call out to supposedly get the person to be quiet. It must have been incredibly awkward for those actually involved. Terribly difficult situation to deal with and I felt for those involved.

I sit in the south upper and at first wasn't even sure the shouting was coming from inside or outside the ground

Me too, I sit in south upper and first thoughts were thats a bad show. By end of the silence though most round me had sussed this didnt sound like the normal noise or disturbance associated with your average idiot. Glad to see confirmation of the situation above and im sure RobM meant no offence and will soon be retracting earlier post. Otherwise nicely observed by both sets of fans.:thumbsup:

On topic.
TBV seemed quiet today, as did all the crowd and Phil on the touch line.
Strange atmosphere at the game, everyone seemed tense and worried.
Did it affect the team?

Hope this isnt referring to what was quite clearly someone who was disabled?

It wasnt clear he was disabled to be fair, most people could just hear shouting.

Obviously not an issue now we know.

I was in south upper and thought it was outside the ground in fairness. It happens, no issue IMO.

I was most disappointed by people in W block being unable to control themselves and starting to laugh... I felt for the carers who could obviously not help the situation. Shame really

I was most disappointed by people in W block being unable to control themselves and starting to laugh... I felt for the carers who could obviously not help the situation. Shame really

Sam, I would not tarnish the entire block . I stand half way back in W , and am one of the older supporters in the block . I was actually impressed by how few of our younger fans in front of me turned around, and how few sniggers there were- I did not hear anyone laugh. I could see that several fans wanted to laugh--in the same way as if your mate at school was to fart in assembly and you want to laugh, but they managed to hold it together. Personally I was really impressed by our younger supporters as if one person had burst out laughing I think a lot of others would have not have been able to contain themselves, especially when the person concerned was clearly getting frustrated that the game had not started and shouted out 'football'.

Back on topic , its a great idea to offer the ball. It also says more about people who were unable to hear clearly and 'assumed' it was an 'idiot' , rather than 'assuming' it was someone that could not help it. Why when given a choice on a subject, what ever the subject do so many people have to assume the worst?

Back