• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
Nothing I saw suggested that the Shrimpers would definitely be battling against relegation this season; there were a few positives to take away from the game but there were also one or two negatives. I thought Billy Paynter was a helluva lot better than some on this forum have suggested and we all thought it disgraceful that his substitution was greeted with audible ironic cheers and malicious booing from some sections, no doubt led by the likes of CS J et al. I wonder why Freddy Eastwood doesn't get the same abuse because, as far as we were concerned, he didn't do much better than Paynter. Also, no atmosphere at all?! A full(ish) ground and no noise! The Cardiff goals? Well, the first was the sort of goal I used to score as a centre-half for my school side! Southend were fast asleep when Purse came running through the defence. The second was on the cards ever since the game of pinball started just a few seconds earlier. Poor, poor defending from Barrett and Clarke caused by an obvious lack of understanding between Flahavan and his defence. The third was an unlucky OG; it could have gone wide but unfortunately it didn't. However ... I don't think there's too much to despair about. It was just a bad day at the office and certainly fixable with a few extra sessions on the training pitch to sharpen those minds. And it's only September ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,17:25)]no doubt led by the likes of CS J et al.
they didn't take any leading pal..
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,17:25)]Nothing I saw suggested that the Shrimpers would definitely be battling against relegation this season; there were a few positives to take away from the game but there were also one or two negatives. I thought Billy Paynter was a helluva lot better than some on this forum have suggested and we all thought it disgraceful that his substitution was greeted with audible ironic cheers and malicious booing from some sections, no doubt led by the likes of CS J et al. I wonder why Freddy Eastwood doesn't get the same abuse because, as far as we were concerned, he didn't do much better than Paynter. Also, no atmosphere at all?! A full(ish) ground and no noise! The Cardiff goals? Well, the first was the sort of goal I used to score as a centre-half for my school side! Southend were fast asleep when Purse came running through the defence. The second was on the cards ever since the game of pinball started just a few seconds earlier. Poor, poor defending from Barrett and Clarke caused by an obvious lack of understanding between Flahavan and his defence. The third was an unlucky OG; it could have gone wide but unfortunately it didn't. However ... I don't think there's too much to despair about. It was just a bad day at the office and certainly fixable with a few extra sessions on the training pitch to sharpen those minds. And it's only September ...
Well put, an accurate summary.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,17:25)]I wonder why Freddy Eastwood doesn't get the same abuse because, as far as we were concerned, he didn't do much better than Paynter.
Thats a fair point as Freddie does give the ball away alot but then again we know what Freddie can do and would never be where we are now without him coming along for sure.

Paynter hasnt being really been bad but on the otherhand  there has been nothing really good either and dont think him and Freddie go as a partnership.

For me even though we have been matching teams (except today) still dont think we have that little extra fire power to actually beat teams.

Freddy hasn't really got going this year - I don't think too many of us would dispute that. But let's not forget that he started last season poorly as well.

Back