• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RyanSmyth

Youth Team
Reading through these posts, i'm not a regular poster granted but I in my opinion last nights result had been very over dramatised.

I myself know how important it was to not lose supposedly any of the last three games and yes is totally unacceptable, especially the 3-1 to AFC. Reading some of the dribble on here just dumbfounds me. Were not completely out of the play-off picture
This time last season as well as adding on 10 days Crewe were 4 points behind Cheltenham. Granted we are 6 points behind but other teams are bound to slip up and Rotherham are more than likely to have a few hiccups.

Call me an optimist but I still reckon we can do it. No wonder why our home form is so poor when all you can hear most of the time is people groaning rather than getting behind our team and trying to spur them on.

We need to pick ourselves up and carry on. We have two important away games coming up and because of financial reasons I will only be able to make 1 rather than both. I for one would also still love to see Luggy here next season.

Why not give him one more shot? After all himself and Uncle Ron had a 5 year plan to get us to the Championship, Next season would be number 4 for Sturrock so maybe JUST MAYBE one more chance.

Just BELIEVE and get behind the team!

Reading through these posts, i'm not a regular poster granted but I in my opinion last nights result had been very over dramatised.

I myself know how important it was to not lose supposedly any of the last three games and yes is totally unacceptable, especially the 3-1 to AFC. Reading some of the dribble on here just dumbfounds me. Were not completely out of the play-off picture
This time last season as well as adding on 10 days Crewe were 4 points behind Cheltenham. Granted we are 6 points behind but other teams are bound to slip up and Rotherham are more than likely to have a few hiccups.

Call me an optimist but I still reckon we can do it. No wonder why our home form is so poor when all you can hear most of the time is people groaning rather than getting behind our team and trying to spur them on.

We need to pick ourselves up and carry on. We have two important away games coming up and because of financial reasons I will only be able to make 1 rather than both. I for one would also still love to see Luggy here next season.

Why not give him one more shot? After all himself and Uncle Ron had a 5 year plan to get us to the Championship, Next season would be number 4 for Sturrock so maybe JUST MAYBE one more chance.

Yeah, but Crewe were on an 8 match unbeaten run at this point as well.

Also the moans are by and large are as a result of the poor form, not the other way round. If the team wasnt massively under performing at home, then there wouldn't be moans and groans. It's such a massive cop out to blame the fans for the home form.

But do you remember when your playing on a sunday league game and you make one mistake your whole team moans? put that on a scale of 2,000 people moaning! It sure for one would put me off

But do you remember when your playing on a sunday league game and you make one mistake your whole team moans? put that on a scale of 2,000 people moaning! It sure for one would put me off

Professional sportsmen need to be mentally strong, which is possibly why these up and coming youngsters never realise their full potential.

You cant blame the crowd for being disgruntled when we have played 3 relegation fodder teams and got a point.

If you want a good positive crowd the team have to give them something to cheer.

Yeah, but Crewe were on an 8 match unbeaten run at this point as well.

and the teams directly above us have a game in hand. The six points could soon go to 8, and with us having an inferior goal average .

I still hope while it is still possible, but deep down I know the truth

This certainly cheered me up, but seriously, it's not cool being drunk at 11am mate. It'll get you nowhere, trust me :thumbsup:

All right........ let's try and find some cheer. We aren't bust yet. Britt and Tomlin are now both fit; their partnership was impressive before the New Year and could be so again. Freddy is offering a bit more now. Bilel hasn't been sent off for a while. Our goalkeepers are competing for a place.....

What about the teams around us? Let's say that we are in competition for four play-off places with Cheltenham, Exeter, Northampton, Rotherham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Bradford and Chesterfield. Rotherham play Exeter on Saturday, so they can't both win; same applies to Northampton v Oxford. So all we have to do is beat Rochdale and we'll be in a better position than we are now. That's cheerful for you.......

You cant blame the crowd for being disgruntled when we have played 3 relegation fodder teams and got a point.

If you want a good positive crowd the team have to give them something to cheer.

Partly true yes. But it does take a certain sad person to sarcastically cheer the team on the pitch! I thought our performances in the last two games haven't been the worst I've seen. We could easily have 6 points from 9. But it's the slim margins again. We had enough chances yesterday to win the game. FACT. But sadly we didn't convert and allowed two very preventable goals. Two mistakes from two players one who doesn't deserve to be here and the other who is very hit and miss and possibly not good enough! That's football.

Back