• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Missed Opportunity

If the 350 that turned up at that one had turned up at the original protest they’d have been 500
Very confusing about what this second protest was all about
What do we want? Change, When do we want it? Now
If the change is for Ron to make plans for the future and along with Stan it seems to be happening anyway this new protest seems to be like a barking dog with no teeth

If the 350 that turned up at that one had turned up at the original protest they’d have been 500
If the change is for Ron to make plans for the future and along with Stan it seems to be happening anyway this new protest seems to be like a barking dog with no teeth
Ron did pre empt it masterfully with his zoom meeting.

No dog with or without teeth and nowone is trying to pin ron down.

I dont get the negativity towards people just trying to push things forward.

Yes we'll go into non league for the first time in our history, set all sorts of records that would shame every Southend fan at work on a Monday morning and genuinely feel embarrassed to class themselves a Shrimper.
All that without a whimper. Why? Because Ron has been making all sorts of promises and declaring a new way forward ?
Heard it all before ! Go dig up some threads if you need reminding, there's plenty on here. Talk a good game isnt that the phrase.

Its too late, we are now actually non league. I went along, vented a bit, but that rainy cold Saturday felt like it could be my last at Roots Hall.
Thats how i feel, full of despair. I hope Ron takes note of fans coming together and actually does something to bring fans like me back.

And that wont happen unless he is pressured into doing so. In my humble opinion.

We didnt need a protest that's why people didnt show! But Ron's learnt his lesson now let sleeping dogs lie! U wont be moaning next season when we are top of the national league with brown as manager,stan advisor,ceo appointed! Crap players released and investment from ron! Get behind the club as Ron's going nowhere and be lucky u have a club at all.

Like the optimism - but that crystal ball of yours hasn't worked very well this season - hope you've replaced it with a new one

I'm not happy being relegated to the national league but in all honesty u need to step backwards sometimes to go forwards and ill looking forward to playing different sides ! It will be like playing in the fa cup every week and us expecting to win!
That’s fine ,but at all times u must b realistic surely ?

Yes we'll go into non league for the first time in our history, set all sorts of records that would shame every Southend fan at work on a Monday morning and genuinely feel embarrassed to class themselves a Shrimper.
All that without a whimper. Why? Because Ron has been making all sorts of promises and declaring a new way forward ?
Heard it all before ! Go dig up some threads if you need reminding, there's plenty on here. Talk a good game isnt that the phrase.

Its too late, we are now actually non league. I went along, vented a bit, but that rainy cold Saturday felt like it could be my last at Roots Hall.
Thats how i feel, full of despair. I hope Ron takes note of fans coming together and actually does something to bring fans like me back.

And that wont happen unless he is pressured into doing so. In my humble opinion.
It’s never embarrassed me going into work re NL, I was more embarrassed by own fans fighting at Oxford and with a guy in a wheelchair
More embarrassed Wembley and drunken antics throwing beer around, whilst giving abuse to their own fans when told to stop it as old people and kids about
More embarrassed that supporters scream and shout at our players, and their families in the stand
Personally looking forward to next season, hopefully crowds back, new closer grounds to visit, and watching footy with family/ friends
Embarrassed no never, happy to take the rough with the smooth, days like Cardiff, Wembley, Man Utd can only be enjoyed by smaller clubs, as they don’t come very often

UTS

Back