• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mate if you were a loyal fan ans went to watch the game yu would have seen how diabolical we are
i think i'm better than blair ****** sturrock

mate if you were a loyal fan ans went to watch the game yu would have seen how diabolical we are

Methinks we may be being played with by a infiltrating 'enemy'. I wouldn't pay too much attention to our new friend..

Another new England kit for Christmas..........a kick about up the park with your mate...........4 keepy-uppies and your ready the your first cap, I reckon.

I am in, I have seen the freedom the team play away from home, playing without no fear or pressure like they do at home - we need to get behind them from the start and if they making few mistake, don't boo them, keep shouting "keep your head up, keep trying" etc then I am sure the players will reponse and will win most of our home games between Jans to May. Polish fans always get behind their side, no matter what, even their team are rubbish, they always make an fantastic atmosphere at their stadium.

We can do it, if anyone can jump from mid table to the edge of the play off in just few month, there is no reason why we can do it, if our home form is sorted, then its could happen - this team have talent to do well - if we get 2 or 3 players in the right postion, we could have a great 2nd half of the season!

Haven,t seen one decent post from this newbie which suggests he's batting for the opposition or a ****** idiot

Can you imagine a game where all supporters thought alike?! Supporters havent changed in 130 years and certainly wont change now. We all see the game through a different pair of eyes and long may it continue. As an old ex pro coach I knew used to shout when he heard an 'unlucky son' after a miss or mistake - "Unlucky, UNLUCKY.......breaking your f**kin leg now THATS unlucky".

These guys are Pro's, they can take it.

Is it all down to the fans or is it because we play a different type of game when we are away and opposition teams play differently at home?

As someone else said, if we could get the first goal at home, or at least not concede 2 in quick succession early on, then that would help. There aren't many teams capable of coming back from 2 goals down.

And another one from Rotherham. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&act=1&mid=2118766300

They are 3rd in the league, and that was only their 2nd defeat at home, and 1st defeat overall since we beat them in October!

So a little perspective is needed when people say "our fans are the worst in the country" etc etc.

It happens at EVERY ground in the UK. Some worse than others.

So the question is, what are you going to do about it?

That's right, you. The person that sit's there on your hands and moans about the lack of atmosphere and/or abuse that is being dished out to the players. And does nothing to counteract it. You know who you are. Only You can bring back the Root's Hall roar..... If there is enough of you making the effort, then that's when WE can make a difference.

Last edited:
I hope Lee Sawyer return can bring some spark back from the home crowds and get us back to winning way too :)

So what's the answer?

Open up the North Bank? - But will people want to move from their comfy seat?
Or
Get those in W Block to move nearer the front?
Or
Accept that the acoustics are **** and it's pointless trying?
Or
Make a bit more effort and inspire the team to play better, rather than the other way around?
Or
Continue to sit in silence, slag the team off and generally remain a manic depressive?
Or
When/If you hear W Block, make an effort to join in?

Now, this might **** some people off, but I am going to say it anyway. W Block is the most vociferous area of the ground. I think we all recognise that. Most of the time, there are chants going on. There are only 50-100 on a good day in this area. The acoustics in W Block are superb in it, but **** outside of it. So, I can understand people in the East/South barely hearing this section most of the time.....

BUT, I am sorry, those in the West Stand, Blocks V down to the South end of the stadium need to liven up. Particularly those blocks straddling the Halfway line. There is no excuse. You can hear W Block (I have checked myself many times this season) you just seem to refuse to join in. OK, some of the chants may not be to your taste, but we do sing plenty of original classics as well. More effort will be made to keep the chants simple from now on. In the hope you will join in.

Now, this is not a sweeping statement at everyone in The West Stand, The East and South Stands are just as bad. There are the odd smattering of hardcore singers that do their best to get it going. You know who you are. But, simply there is not enough passion or effort coming from this stand. Especially being so close to the only source of noise at RH. If the rest of the West Stand followed Block W's lead, this would act as a domino effect and transfer the noise down to the South end of the ground, then around to the East. Eventually resulting in the ground singing in unison, or close to it.

Of course I understand not everyone wants to sing. That is fine and everyone is entitled to enjoy the game as they wish. Particularly the older fan. But, I think the problem is a lot of people just can't be arsed. Ok, the football is **** at best and the last couple of games have been a ******* in terms of having a mountain to climb so early on. But seriously, why would you want to sit their in silence and get all depressed? (Other than because that's how you choose to support the side)

We got tonked at Southampton and Doncaster and other places, yet the fans young and old wen't mental and enjoyed themselves regardless. This is the spirit we need to re-kindle at Roots Hall. Yes, it is difficult at home and it will never match those occasions on the road, but does that mean we should not try? That's half the problem at RH.

There are plenty of you "singers" dotted around RH. Hundreds and hundreds of you infact. It is now time for you to do what you enjoy doing.....singing. Don't sit their in silence. You don't do it on the road do you? So why ****ing do it at RH?

Get some balls, muster a bit of passion, stand up and start belting out some chants. Encourage those around you to do the same. If other fans see your passion and effort, they WILL join in. It just takes a couple of leaders to get it going...Can YOU be that leader though? Can YOU be arsed?...

Don't sit there and whinge about how quiet it is. YOU do something about it.

If YOU make the effort, then WE can make a difference to the atmosphere at Roots Hall. Maybe it may even help turn our abysmal home form around eh?

Sturrock has challenged YOU and WE. Are YOU and WE going to prove him wrong?...

Last edited:
i hope the support has kind of turned a corner, with a lot of people seeming to actually looking forward to a game that is the first good sign. its quite amazing really that one player can change everything, i've bought into it to and long may it continue. I think we would all agree the feeling we have at the moment is a lot better than anything we have experienced in the past few months if not years. It's been a really tough time recently for sufc but i think we all agree we're not going to help anyone by getting on players back. i don't think many people aren't guilty of this at least once. Lets be hoping friday is the start of a positive change and 3 points.

Back