• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our starting line-up...

Like I say, we're trying to bring new people in, but it's tough out there and we don't have a huge amount of money. I think the team we have below for this season includes some of THE best partnerships but, well, you know, we're still keen to bring in another 5 or 6 to be fair.

Here's my SZ starting eleven:

Striker: Mad Cyril
No nonsense player who doesn't mess about. Always delivers what you've come to expect. Known to pop up with an absolute screamer just when you need one.

Striker: Pubey
Makes the team simply because of his Keegan hair.

Left Winger: MK Shrimper
A man born to be left wing who practises it even in his sleep. Has shown great promise shimmying and dropping the shoulder, now just needs to do it with a ball at his feet. A little workshy at times, but he's always there when you look for him.

CM: Slipperduke
A prolific performer who has become something of a mainstay, raising the bar for everyone else. International experience and some great stories for the dressing room.

CM: Dave the Shrimper
Not the player he used to be and, some would argue, has become something of a spent force. His father demonstrated some longevity so we can hope it has rubbed off on the young pretender.

Right Winger: J
Proud and devoted. When the going gets tough, someone to take the war to the opposition. Useful when the banter starts to fly. Sly comments likely to wind-up the opposition and get them into trouble.

Left Back: TrueBlue
Wears his heart on his sleeve. Delivers his best performances in front of the cameras but will give everything.

CB: Yorkshire Blue
Another one from the Legal field. A belligerent ******* that won't let anything get past him. If you DO score one against him, he'll bide his time and then slam one past you.

CB: Matt the Shrimp
You need a lawyer for a decent defence. :stunned:

Right Back: Wiggy
Right back and true to form after a self-imposed absence from the side. Not always popular with fans but used to defending goalkeepers (one of them anyway). Often out-manoeuvred but never willing to accept defeat. You know what you're going to get.

GK: LDN Fatso
While he might lack the mobility of Flahavan, he can cover the angles well and is proven at unleashing attacks on players who aren't pulling their weight.

Manager: Cricko
Great talent for organisation but too far gone now to still be considered a player. Will motivate the players and save money on the wage bill by getting THEM to pay HIM to let them play.

Quick, arrange a "friendly" with Shrimpers-On-Line, we'll tear them apart :D

** Goes off to polish his boots and recreate his Mark Gower type crossing skills **

surely I make the team for my 2 in 4 record for SZFC 1!

(plus my hair)

Bank Hank - a travesty that you're not in the side. I'd put you in the heart of defence - showing technical wizardry and innovation that provides the rock-solid foundation which allows the rest of the side to flourish.

YB can provide the legal knowledge on the pitch; I'll be in the boardroom for when it gets really serious...

;)

Aberdeen Shrimper - Right Wing

He would make a terrific whinger winger, often drawing abuse from the opposition, the crowd and even his own team mates. However his short temper has seen him storm from the ground, and take the ball with him. He also has a reputation for enjoying a wee dram, and the SZ Gazzette often suggests he enjoys the WAG lifestyle with his blonde bombshell wife. However he has been working hard for Team SZ and often stays up late at night training, before spending all day training as well.

Aberdeen Shrimper - Right Wing

He would make a terrific whinger winger, often drawing abuse from the opposition, the crowd and even his own team mates. However his short temper has seen him storm from the ground, and take the ball with him. He also has a reputation for enjoying a wee dram, and the SZ Gazzette often suggests he enjoys the WAG lifestyle with his blonde bombshell wife. However he has been working hard for Team SZ and often stays up late at night training, before spending all day training as well.

:D:D

Just trying to keep up with your prolific posting Jon.

And you missed out mentioning about my ability to right an auto biography that no one would understand because i can not spell for toffee.

:doh:

Back