• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you want Ron Martin at Southend United Football Club

• Yes want him at our club

Votes: 49 27.1%
  • No I do not want him at our club

Votes: 132 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Simple poll a yes or no is required none of this but who else is there crap I just want the club to see an opinion rating on shrimperzone whether we want Ron Martin running/owning/destroying etc... whatever you want to call it.

If he had the money to run us properly Id be happy for him to be here.

I dont think he does and based solely on that the answer is a no.

Untrustworthy. Emotionless. And doesn't even seem to be a good businessmen. With no plan at all apart from disguising the truth.

For that reason I'm out.

I might as well be the first to throw some objectiveness to this. Do I want Ron at the club. Absolutely not. Would I see him walk out tomorrow though, probably not. Unfortunately, like it or not we are intrinsically linked financially with this man, before he can go there needs to be a viable replacement to step in to ensure the club doesn't sink. I want him out, but not at the expense of our club.

Edit: Not even close to being first, damn my slow typing.

I support Southend United. I don't support any particular chairman.

This poll is treating a ridiculously complicated situation as if it's ridiculously simple.

He should of gone 3 years ago more so than now when the drastic financial mismanagement of the football club first come to light!

To get rid of him would probably mean liquidation and re-starting in the Blue Square South.

Not something I would like to see obviously, but I cannot continue seeing my club run in such a poor manner.

If there was another option to oust him without harming the club, I would love to hear about it.

A comment posted by Robbie Cowling the Col Ewe chairman --- shame Martin doesn't think the same way.

"It was reported on the news that only 16% of the public trust what Nick Clegg tells them and, if I ever get to a stage where only 16% of Colchester United fans trust what I say, then I promise Bob Russell that I will actively seek to sell the club."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back