• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!&#3

SUFC_Spike

First XI
I have just recieved my first reply from the Universities I have applied for. This one is Brighton (the hardest one to get in to i have applied for) and they want me to come for an interview next month.

All good, you may be thinking? Think again!!

theres all this practical crap that I cant do, like all these diffrent bloody swimming strokes and dives that I cant do, and dancing and stuff, and I am bricking it at the thought of going to Brighton, making myself look a right tit in all these practical activities and then having some formal interview after it to find out exactly how much of a ****** I really am!!!

God help me!!!

PS, I am applying for a PE Teaching course, hense the stupid practical stuff.
PPS, There was a sh!t lot of swearing here at home when I found out what I have to do next month!!

Bloody Students!
wink.gif

Good Luck mate.
cool.gif

Cheers mate, gonna need as much luck as I can get!!

Cant wait for the day I spend an hour or so prancing round like a ninny in front of a load of other people and stuff!!!

rock.gif

Aint gotta go til Dec 15th, so plenty of time to get some practise in methinks!!

In my experience a lack of sporting ability won't prevent you from becoming a PE teacher.

A vague knowledge of geography, an inability to spell and a sadistic streak will be sufficient.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 11 2004,20:27)]In my experience a lack of sporting ability won't prevent you from becoming a PE teacher.

A vague knowledge of geography, an inability to spell and a sadistic streak will be sufficient.
*PHEW*

tounge.gif

theres hope for me yet!!!

wink.gif

Ta.

Should have done what I did and not bother with Uni
tounge.gif

Still haven't had a reply from any of mine yet, although its only been gone a week,
SUFC_Spike what else have u put down on your UCAS form?

I put down Brighton (obviously), Manchester Metropolitan, London St Marys, Chichester, MarJon and Liverpool John Moore.

Mine was only sent to UCAS on Thursday last week, I think!!

I put down John Moore aswell. Its most likely where I'll be going although its my second chioce behind Bath for me. I would be doing Science and Football at JMU and your the first person out of loads ive spoken to who have even applied there.

Cool. i'm not sure how likely it is that I will be going to LJM, its behind Brighton and manchester in my choices, but its still a possibility, if they accept me!

Might be seing you around a bit next year then!!

tounge.gif

Best of luck Chris, I don't think i could spend 4 years in Liverpool, id go crackers
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC_Spike @ Nov. 11 2004,20:28)]LOL, cheers mate.

I'd start a fight every other week I'd imagine if I went to Liverpool!!!

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Just don't take anything out with you, ull never see it again !

wink.gif
tounge.gif

Si and Spike. They are made for each, dontcha think ... !?
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Anyway, Mike has got it bang on, f**k Uni. I'd much rather stay at home for a few years, build up a rather healthy bank balance, learn to iron when im about 21 and then, p'haps, if i'm made to, move out ...

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 12 2004,09:59)]Uni was the best 4 years of my life, don't listen to the postman.
Seconded. Especially Brighton, it's a cracking town for uni. Just avoid Moulscoombe, it's chav-central.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC_Spike @ Nov. 11 2004,21:28)]I'd start a fight every other week I'd imagine if I went to Liverpool!!!
Having spent 4 years living in the North West of England I would strongly advise against that. You would last about 3 seconds.

If you think places like Basildon are rough then you will be in for a HUGE shock if you move to Liverpool or Manchester.

I thought the whole of Cheltenham was nice. Turns out I live in a dodgy part of it, St Pauls. Were not allowed to walk around this part of town by ourselves after a certain time, there's drug dealers dealing 2 roads from where i'm staying and when we have to do fieldwork, the teacher wont let 2 girls walking around this part and another of Cheltenham. He has to allocate those areas to guys.

God, I miss Vange
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 12 2004,10:52)]I thought the whole of Cheltenham was nice. Turns out I live in a dodgy part of it, St Pauls. Were not allowed to walk around this part of town by ourselves after a certain time, there's drug dealers dealing 2 roads from where i'm staying and when we have to do fieldwork, the teacher wont let 2 girls walking around this part and another of Cheltenham. He has to allocate those areas to guys.

God, I miss Vange
biggrin.gif
Sounds like absolute luxury to where I lived in Manchester.

At least you havent had any shootings down your road yet!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Nov. 12 2004,11:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 12 2004,10:52)]I thought the whole of Cheltenham was nice. Turns out I live in a dodgy part of it, St Pauls. Were not allowed to walk around this part of town by ourselves after a certain time, there's drug dealers dealing 2 roads from where i'm staying and when we have to do fieldwork, the teacher wont let 2 girls walking around this part and another of Cheltenham. He has to allocate those areas to guys.

God, I miss Vange
biggrin.gif
Sounds like absolute luxury to where I lived in Manchester.

At least you havent had any shootings down your road yet!
No but we do have 4 yr old girls exchanging Heroin for cash so her dad doesnt have to do it. That's bad enough.....

Back