• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The old man saw him holding a short conversation with PB (they were 15 yards apart when they spoke) from his car at B&L, in earshot of 4 or 5 fans watching training. AB to the old man: "He's barely spoken a word to me in over 3 months. Even what you saw just then is for show because he could see the fans there."

Hopefully find out soon what RM has said to them both this week now that he knows about what's been going on.

Really that's interesting. Anything else I need to know, who was putting on the show....Brown or Barret and who were these other fans. Couldn't have been your dad because they were less than 3 feet apart when I saw them.

Really that's interesting. Anything else I need to know, who was putting on the show....Brown or Barret and who were these other fans. Couldn't have been your dad because they were less than 3 feet apart when I saw them.

Blah blah blah blah.

Everything I hear comes from the mouth of probably the most honest pro I've ever seen here. I believe him and I certainly believe him over anything you might hear from your mate Phil.

Could you just stick to posting on here about the EU? You talk way more sense about that.

Blah blah blah blah.

Everything I hear comes from the mouth of probably the most honest pro I've ever seen here. I believe him and I certainly believe him over anything you might hear from your mate Phil.

Could you just stick to posting on here about the EU? You talk way more sense about that.

So when have I come on here claiming PB told me some gossip about Barrett.

Your the one trying to tell me what I saw at B&L. Sorry it doesn't fit with your agenda

What I have heard has come from the "horses mouth" and sure there is no smoke without fire but I do firmly believe AB is being mistreated. Blokes a legend and deserves more than this treatment

So when have I come on here claiming PB told me some gossip about Barrett.

Your the one trying to tell me what I saw at B&L. Sorry it doesn't fit with your agenda

Trouble is your facts generally turn out to be anything but.

Just thought Iwould state a fact .

Fair enough. I think most would agree. Barrett is a complete legend. Doesn't mean he should be in the team at the moment or that he has been harshly treated by the manager though.

I dont really care about who said what etc but

1/ I thought i read that Barrett had been out with a calf injury for a few weeks, explains why he's not been training with the 1st team.

2/ Having heard interviews with many top players over the years , several have said that their managers (including Ferguson , Clough , O'Neill ) ignored them when they were injured ... so nothing new here.

3/ Theres not one supporter in his right mind who doesnt think Adam Barrett is a club legend , but i think deep down we all know that very few 37 year olds can continue to compete at the same level , so if he were to return now to the club whose youth team he played for then we all wish him the very best of luck....

I dont really care about who said what etc but

1/ I thought i read that Barrett had been out with a calf injury for a few weeks, explains why he's not been training with the 1st team.

2/ Having heard interviews with many top players over the years , several have said that their managers (including Ferguson , Clough , O'Neill ) ignored them when they were injured ... so nothing new here.

3/ Theres not one supporter in his right mind who doesnt think Adam Barrett is a club legend , but i think deep down we all know that very few 37 year olds can continue to compete at the same level , so if he were to return now to the club whose youth team he played for then we all wish him the very best of luck....

Indeed, on Tuesday last, he was still working with the fitness team.

PS Coker was back training with the 1st team.

AB is a legend, however, I believe that his time as a regular in the team is up.
Do him and Kevin Maher "a recognition of loyal service" and give them a joint, overdue, testimonial match at the end of the season :Worthy:

I kind of want him to leave and to spill, completely in public, exactly what has been going on behind the scenes with him and Brown, between Brown and the team, and between players in the dressing room.

He won't do that because he's a true pro, so in the meantime most of you trying to make excuses for Brown's behaviour towards Barrett/doubt that Brown has treated him badly/think that the problems in the dressing room are all behind us can continue to live in ignorance. Things are fragile and it's only a matter of time before they go tits up again, and he's unable to get us out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were chatting together last time I was over at B&L.
I get the impression rightly or wrongly that you watch the training quite often, Fair enough if I am mistaken . I accept that brown spoke to Adam and you saw it , but do you know if that was that a one off ? I thought, again maybe wrongly that he been asked to help with the youths training and was not training with the first team? This could be considered a kick in the teeth, or was an amicable agreement leading to Adam taking a coaching role - I have no idea and freely admit my source of knowledge is what I read on here and then put hru my personal BS filter which may/may not be accurate

How true, but a neighbour who's a season card holder at Borient said their chairman has put a block on any loan move for Barratt.

Adam Barrett has been fantastic.
He is too old and not good enough anymore.
It happens to every player. Phil Brown did not invent ageing, slowing down or footballers way past their peak. The anti-PB brigade have resorted to blaming the manager for AB's age and OBVIOUS decline.
Beyond ludicrous!!!

I sincerely hope there will never be a serious rift between AB & the club he loves and has served so well.
However...I am sorry but when I read our CAPTAIN saying we were in a "relegation battle" it made me think that AB believed we would be rubbish from that point until the end of the season. Battling at the bottom of the league.
If I was manager of any club and my captain showed so little belief in his colleagues and my management - he would not be my captain.
Therein...lies any problem.

Adam Barrett has been fantastic.
He is too old and not good enough anymore.
It happens to every player. Phil Brown did not invent ageing, slowing down or footballers way past their peak. The anti-PB brigade have resorted to blaming the manager for AB's age and OBVIOUS decline.
Beyond ludicrous!!!

Hold on.

He was skipper and ever present until his public statement after the Dale game...he has vanished off the radar without any statement from the club whatsoever.

Club legend who deserves much better treatment IMO ...minimum public explanation from the club.

Tilson and Bazza both treated with contempt ...not good.

Hold on.

He was skipper and ever present until his public statement after the Dale game...he has vanished off the radar without any statement from the club whatsoever.

Club legend who deserves much better treatment IMO ...minimum public explanation from the club.

Tilson and Bazza both treated with contempt ...not good.

Hold on.

What public explanation is required?

This thread should be renamed Groundhog Day ! It's getting awfully boring now.

There will be no Explanation ! There will be no statement from Adam Barret whilst he is still contracted by the Club !

Facts of the matter are, we are playing better with out him. The manager picks the best players. Adam is no longer one of the better players .

There are people that think he should be declared a National Heritage site and there are others that just think it's football and these things happen. He is still being paid isn't he, that's the worse thing in football. If you fall out of favour, you fall out of favour! Life ! In a battle of player vs manager, the latter ALWAYS wins !!!

I don't miss him, as I'm enjoying watching Ferdinand and I am loving watching the improvement in Thommo..

Back