• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mighty Shrimper

Manager
I was amazed when I walked into Roots Hall today to see the state of Adebayo Akinfenwa. I simply could not believe the size of the guy! He was huge and when I say huge, I don't mean muscle, I mean fat.

How can this guy play football? I'm not joking when I say that the first thought that went through my head when I saw him come out before the game was, surely if he lasts the full 90 minutes, I fancy him to have a heart attack on the pitch.

I have never seen a professional footballer look so physically bad.

He was terrible in the first half but was alot better in the 2nd.

What an embarrassment though. The guy has seriously let himself go.

Lol, agree Ken. Akinfenwa has always been on the large size, but he uses it to great effect and his fitness doesn't seem to be an issue, certainly had a yard or two of pace about him.

NASA did report during the game that a new planet had been discovered.

He looked like he had lost a bit of weight from the last time he was at RH.

If he is that fat, it shows up our team who got outpaced or pushed off the ball far too easily. He looked very dangerous on the ball.

I don't actually think it is fat, the bloke is hug but it's muscle, definitely wouldn't want him running at you. Impossible to mark thought Barker and Phillips won some good headers against him, HE IS MASSIVE!
Always liked him ever since him and Trundle took the **** out of the league a few years ago!

Scored one and made the other - would guess the manager could not care less how fat he is! Has always caused us problems going back to when he was at Swansea with Trundle. Hate it when he comes here as we always struggle to deal with him!

According to Soccer base he only weighs 13 st 5 lb, clearly making that up. Saying that they also have Brian "The Beast" Jensen down as 12 st 2 lb :hilarious:

Back