• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 0-2 Southend United

Don’t know if this has been mentioned on here already. Reading the programme for match today they have a page about the opponent’s today and has Southend at the top but the write up is about Gateshead!!

I can’t see aldershot getting much out of Gateshead or Dagenham it’s really in Halifax’s hands but will 3 games tues thurs sat take there toll on them

Great, controlled performance. I really enjoyed the way we passed the ball around them all afternoon, sapping what little energy they had left having played 40 hours earlier.
Waldron could have had 5 today, but to be honest it was just fantastic to see him getting into those scoring positions.

Suddenly my eyes are glued to that league table.
We couldn't sneak into those play offs could we?!
It would be nothing less than our players deserved after everything they've had to go through this season.

Last edited:
I can’t see aldershot getting much out of Gateshead or Dagenham it’s really in Halifax’s hands but will 3 games tues thurs sat take there toll on them
Yeh in Halifax's hands. They play mid-table Eastleigh first and not sure the Spitfires will be that bothered. Ebbsfleet though are slugging it out for survival so Halifax could draw a blank against them.

So the Wood win, or more interesting for the Blues - Aldershot lose. Need four from two against good opposition so I think they're gone. ...Don't hold your breath, but we're in with a chance for the playoffs. Oooo Halifax to fall away and we put Rochdale to the sword. The play off contenders won't want us there either.

Boreham wood winning has helped us. Ebbsfleet will be massively up for their game at Halifax as a win will all but seal their safety with boreham wood looking to catch them after today's win.

If Halifax only managed 2 draws from their final 3 games and we beat Rochdale, it will be enough due to goal difference. Obviously, 3 points in any game would sink us.

If only there werea few more games to play. I'd fancy us for the play offs and in them as well.

So the Wood win, or more interesting for the Blues - Aldershot lose. Need four from two against good opposition so I think they're gone. ...Don't hold your breath, but we're in with a chance for the playoffs. Oooo Halifax to fall away and we put Rochdale to the sword. The play off contenders won't want us there either.

The "glimmer" is still present

'The lamps are not going out all over Southend' *

Well not yet anyway...

*With apologies to Sir Edward Grey.

Back