• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 0-2 Southend United

I'm curious to know what happens with Halifax postponed fixture v Oldham. They're surely not allowed to play that after next Saturdays supposedly closing day fixtures. Will be a bit awkward in the unlikely event we go into the games with even a remote chance of the play offs if they still have a game to come.

I'm curious to know what happens with Halifax postponed fixture v Oldham. They're surely not allowed to play that after next Saturdays supposedly closing day fixtures. Will be a bit awkward in the unlikely event we go into the games with even a remote chance of the play offs if they still have a game to come.

Think they are being made to play Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

Wasn’t expecting that to be honest as Fylde have picked up 36 points from their last 19 games before today. That’s up there as an 80 odd point season.

Maybe they are safe and already on the beach, but what this team has done to be even within a shot of the top 7 is amazing.

It may end Tuesday, or Thursday or even Saturday, but they deserve every plaudit possible.

Shots v Wood. Ten mins left, Wood still two and looking for three. I feel bad about wanting a Borehamwood win, but we support the cause. In 1973 after a game with the Shrimpers, I was beaten up by a gang of Borehamwood supporters - okay it was a gang of one and hope they go down. Fifty years later I still hold a grudge. But if the Shots lose today, it nudges the Shrimpers just a little bit closer to the playoffs.

It’s about time an unexpected set of results went our way for once, in a good way I mean. These things do happen. Still unlikely but every game Aldershot & Halifax don’t win hugely reduces the odds of us sneaking in to that last spot. Knowing us everything will go our way and we won’t beat Rochdale!

Although the pitch looked poor, in reality it was only troublesome in a few patches. By and large it played true. It was an enjoyable game to watch with lots of action - almost entirely at the Fylde end as we pressed forward time and again. There wasn't so much passing back to Collin and he only had to make one good save this time.

Fylde huffed and puffed but our defence and midfield were stronger and only made a couple of errors in the game which Fylde fortunately could not benefit from.

Some embarrassing misses in the first half - two by Waldron - but we made up for it in the second.

A good performance by everyone today, all earning at least 8 with 9s for Cardwell and Gus.

And a final word for AFC Fylde's set up. It's good. A pleasure to visit. Even the seats in the stand were comfortably cushioned. Niiiiice.

Wood still two up after 64 mins. Shots not improved.
Halifax have Ebbsfleet and Eastleigh to play. They've got another one, but can't find it at the mo.

Aldershot have Gateshead and Dag and Red both away.

So probably Halifax .... But ...hmm

It’s about time an unexpected set of results went our way for once, in a good way I mean. These things do happen. Still unlikely but every game Aldershot & Halifax don’t win hugely reduces the odds of us sneaking in to that last spot. Knowing us everything will go our way and we won’t beat Rochdale!
Just hope Rochdale bring their bucket spade as they ain't in the playoffs

Back