• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Akinola - a prime example of the lack of communication

Akinola was clearly playing through injury towards the end of Molesley's reign. He was a doubt before every game for about a month and rarely played 90 minutes. He also looked like a player who needed a break and then a full pre-season to start over again.

He certainly wasn't done a favour by the comments of RM and PB in their rush to apportion blame elsewhere,

Well I'm relieved to know we might have someone who can score some goals in the National League under contract going into next season... With the usual grumbles here, and PB's 'I'll tear up their contracts' interview I thought Sim was basically out the door.

I wonder if we've prematurely written off ANG too...

Not quite, as I don't think he'd describe you as ITK:Winking:

To be clear ... I know absolutely nothing and am always 100% wrong.

To remind you I thought we would make the play offs in 2021.

I do like original thinking and even enjoy going against the grain sometimes.

AND .... Every now and again I simply cannot help myself from displaying a stupid little bit of ego and trying to boost my very low self esteem by referring to some tiny little insignificant post on a lower league fan message board that makes me feel alive -

MM FANBOYS - where are you now !!

(apologies - just lost control for a moment ... )

As always we are just mushrooms, stuck in the dark and fed s#!t when RM makes yet another of his political statements that usually involves throwing and busses.

Stan has given us all hope and far more information than we have had for years, without his involvement the supporters who pay all these people's wages would still feel as far removed from our club as we have for as long as I can remember.

Why does the club have to communicate every last detail. I doubt your manager commutes everything that is going on with you to your customers so they don’t think they have left th company or sack for gross misconduct etc.
Why do we have the same expectation on the football club.

if you are putting 2 and 2 and getting 5 that’s more on you

The fact that the communication between the club and fans has been so poor for the last decade or so, with such negative news as embargos, unpaid players, court appearances, winding up orders etc., that anything that comes to light that didn't directly come from the club causes a greater rift between the club and fans, leading to more distrust.

Therefore, of course fans will put scraps of information together when there is little being given to us.

Fact 1: Akinola suddenly stopped playing under Phil Brown after the Exeter game, with NO reason given. Maybe that is down to those asking.

Fact 2: Phil Brown said he thinks players are "hiding in the treatment room".

Conclusion: Akinola has fallen out with Phil Brown and is off soon.

Not a single mention of Akinola being unavailable in any of the pre-match team news or pre-match interview with Phil Brown for the Colchester United, Leyton Orient, Barrow, or Newport game. In fact the last news on Akinola was that he trained on the 9th April before the Crawley game, which he didn't make the match day squad for.

While we don't need to know every detail about what goes on at the club, I think important details such as a transfer embargo and knowing if your best striker (not difficult given the current state) is injured and requiring surgery are very important details to fans.

The fact that the communication between the club and fans has been so poor for the last decade or so, with such negative news as embargos, unpaid players, court appearances, winding up orders etc., that anything that comes to light that didn't directly come from the club causes a greater rift between the club and fans, leading to more distrust.

Therefore, of course fans will put scraps of information together when there is little being given to us.

Fact 1: Akinola suddenly stopped playing under Phil Brown after the Exeter game, with NO reason given. Maybe that is down to those asking.

Not a single mention of Akinola being unavailable in any of the pre-match team news or pre-match interview with Phil Brown for the Colchester United, Leyton Orient, Barrow, or Newport game. In fact the last news on Akinola was that he trained on the 9th April before the Crawley game, which he didn't make the match day squad for.

While we don't need to know every detail about what goes on at the club, I think important details such as a transfer embargo and knowing if your best striker (not difficult given the current state) is injured and requiring surgery are very important details to fans.
Gotta agree with the above - look at the team news for the Newport game - plenty of updates on other injured / suspended players but no Sim.
BIG PREVIEW: SOUTHEND VS NEWPORT - News - Southend United

Gotta agree with the above - look at the team news for the Newport game - plenty of updates on other injured / suspended players but no Sim.
BIG PREVIEW: SOUTHEND VS NEWPORT - News - Southend United

Sense!

Hopefully the club will learn from this PR fiasco and keep us up to date by posting x rays and CT scans so we don't jump to any conclusions in the future.

Indeed. I'm not sure why we should expect everything to be communicated, especially things that might be commercially sensitive such as embargoes and wages. I'm also not sure why we should expect the club to make public things that players themselves might want to be kept personal, such as operations.

For clarity, I'm not suggesting SA didn't want everyone to know, just that it is possible.

Maybe there's a lesson for a number of fans to learn, such as not always jump to conclusions and accept that maybe there's another reason for certain things, e.g. players not playing well, and get off their backs.

There’s always a balance between keeping the fans informed and tipping off the opposition who is fit and available and who is not.

I felt Molesley left no surprises for us or our opponents with his weekly injury update.

I think when the match threads have on them details of injured players and someone’s name isn’t on that list then it’s a reasonable assumption to make that the player isn’t injured.
Sometimes it’s clear where the info is from and sometimes it isn’t so it would not surprise me if people thought it was from the manager.
If we had no details at all on injured players then It would not be a “ reasonable “ assumption to make.

Summary- the club could have done better PLUS, let’s be grown up about this, it’s obvious what supporters will think, so the club should consider that. It’s common sense

I like Sim and would like to see him stay for next season, but not as a striker. His best performances for Barnet look like they came off the left wing and I think his most effective performances for us were also cutting in on the left too

Quality player , immensely talented, best 1st touch we've had here for a while , IMHO always gives 100%.....

Spent half of last season foraging alone on scraps, obviously playing through an injury , alongside poor players confused about their weak managers systems & ideas. Confidence drained & harangued when he didnt take 100% of the 0.05 chances per game that came his way.

Really hope Phil Brown likes him & builds an attack with him in mind, as we know he is very capable at scoring bundles of goals at our new horribly low standard.

Get well soon Akinola !!!

Back