• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Akinola - a prime example of the lack of communication

Indeed. I'm not sure why we should expect everything to be communicated, especially things that might be commercially sensitive such as embargoes and wages. I'm also not sure why we should expect the club to make public things that players themselves might want to be kept personal, such as operations.

For clarity, I'm not suggesting SA didn't want everyone to know, just that it is possible.

Maybe there's a lesson for a number of fans to learn, such as not always jump to conclusions and accept that maybe there's another reason for certain things, e.g. players not playing well, and get off their backs.
While I agree with much of what you say the Club surely must be aware that supporters are always going to be curious about the sudden disappearance of a first team regular.
And Phil often talks way too much.
If the Club felt for whatever reason they did not want to or could not release any information about the operation it was surely not too much to ask that people in positions of influence might think before they speak.
If he is not in Phil's plans airing publicly that a contracted player is not wanted is a bad look, especially so now with the guy in hospital.
If he is in Phil's plans it looks even worse.
This little episode has us looking like amateur hour (again!) and was completely avoidable.

But what if those in the know don't know that they are in the know, does that mean they are really not in the know even though they are in the know but as they don't know they are in the know then they can't be said to be in the know? Does anyone know?
You are Sir Humphry Appleby and I claim my £5 (One for the older Zoners there... :Winking2:)

But what if those in the know don't know that they are in the know, does that mean they are really not in the know even though they are in the know but as they don't know they are in the know then they can't be said to be in the know? Does anyone know?
Didn't Kursall Flyers have their hit single with that little ditty?

The-Scousers.jpg

Dey do know dough don't dey dough!

There’s always a balance between keeping the fans informed and tipping off the opposition who is fit and available and who is not.

I felt Molesley left no surprises for us or our opponents with his weekly injury update.

To be fair MM kept quiet about K Taylor's long Covid!!!

While I agree with much of what you say the Club surely must be aware that supporters are always going to be curious about the sudden disappearance of a first team regular.
And Phil often talks way too much.
If the Club felt for whatever reason they did not want to or could not release any information about the operation it was surely not too much to ask that people in positions of influence might think before they speak.
If he is not in Phil's plans airing publicly that a contracted player is not wanted is a bad look, especially so now with the guy in hospital.
If he is in Phil's plans it looks even worse.
This little episode has us looking like amateur hour (again!) and was completely avoidable.

Fans have spent months demanding in some cases, the whole squad have their contracts torn up. PB agree with you on 1 or 2 because we all want honesty and be informed....Look at the result.

Football fans are like little children they are best left in a world of fantasy whilst you can. Real life is just around the corner and it isn't always that nice

Fans have spent months demanding in some cases, the whole squad have their contracts torn up. PB agree with you on 1 or 2 because we all want honesty and be informed....Look at the result.

Football fans are like little children they are best left in a world of fantasy whilst you can. Real life is just around the corner and it isn't always that nice
With football fans you can never get it right. If we don’t know the ins and outs that’s wrong. If we know the ins and outs it’s unprofessional. When teams start winning funnily enough these things are less of an issue.

Last edited:
Considering nearly every game he played he went down at the slightest knock and came off injured a lot, I am not surprised he needed an operation.

Perhaps they were fitting him with a pair of balls

In answer to a poster who asked why the club needs to communicate everything?
Answer: because in matters like these, its the media manager's job.
I was told a long time ago there are no secrets in football, so coming clean first gives you an obvious head start.
I would also blame media.
Why didn't CP or BBC Essex specifically ask about Akinola?
As said, their 2+2 =5 was poor.
It might be they were asked to keep quiet, but that was poor too if they agreed.
I'm trying to think of any operation that would require silence, and can't think of one.
Even if he was having a sex reassignment, lol! it would be known sooner or later.
Put another way, do you think a Premier League club would have got away with it?

Last edited:
Considering nearly every game he played he went down at the slightest knock and came off injured a lot, I am not surprised he needed an operation.

Perhaps they were fitting him with a pair of balls

Don't even think it was that. Every time he came back he looked about 60% fit. He was clearly expected to play no matter what because we had no one else. Then he kept breaking down, much like Olayinka.

He may not have scored the goals, but who would in that team? He sure did work unbelievably hard and hassled defenders big time before his injury.

We know he can score goals in the NL, so let's hope he can get back fit for the start of the season.

Back