• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you willing to Boycott the re-arranged fixture?

• Yes

Votes: 88 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Dear oh dear that is disgusting behaviour if it is replayed on a Tuesday night for example....what a bunch of ****s

This ruling of theirs can surely be challenged though as they knew of the Floodlight problems before kick-off.

So those who went will NOT get any sort of refund, but will get into the re-arranged Tues night fixture @ 50% of the original ticket cost.

Adults £8.50 (£9.50 Seats)
Seniors £6.50 (£7.50 Seats)
Students £5 (£7 Seats)
Juniors £2.50 (£3.50 Seats)

So any Adult that went to the original game and is planning on going to the re-arranged game, will end up paying £25.50 over the two games to stand on the terrace!

Last edited:
Anyone else think they are taking the pi$$ out of us (& there own fans). I will not be attending the rearranged game.

Out of interest what is SUFC's policy?

I reckon everyone should just boycott the re-arranged fixture out of principle.

Anyone else think they are taking the pi$$ out of us (& there own fans). I will not be attending the rearranged game.

Out of interest what is SUFC's policy?

If the game is abandoned after kick off, but before the whistle goes for the​
commencement of the second half, the ticket holders in the ground will be entitled to a 50% refund / credit on the face value of their ticket or 50% off the admission cost to the rearranged fixture.

So our policy is slightly better in that you have the choice of a 50% refund (If say you cannot make the re-arranged fixture) OR 50% off the ticket price of the re-arranged fixture.

Last edited:
The only correct thing for them to do is offer a FULL refund to those that cannot, or do not wish to go to the replay...the floodlight problem was known before kick-off..I do not see they have a leg to stand on legally.

i agree with Cricko , as the problem was known of being the game surely thats wrong. Especially as they sold tickets to people on the day even though they knew there might be a problem. Those people should have been warned before their purchase surely.

Like I said, Aldershot did it on purpose to get the games off, if that was bad enough, now they asking the fans to pay for a extra money for the replay, its another way for them to make thousand of pounds for themselves! Have they wonder why their own fans are keeping away from them as their crowds have dropped since they enter League 2!

Any solicitors/barristers on here (Matt?) know how successful a claim to the small claims court is likely to be? If so I think we should all file individual claims against Aldershot for breach of contract. Certainly there terms and conditions were not clear when I bought my tickets at the turnstiles!

From SUFC's Charter

21. The Club's policy on postponed and abandoned games is as follows:
- On the day of the game if the game is postponed before kick off then ticket
holders in the ground will be entitled to a full refund / credit, less any
booking fee, or free admission to the rearranged fixture.
- If the game is abandoned after kick off, but before the whistle goes for the
commencement of the second half, the ticket holders in the ground will be
entitled to a 50% refund / credit on the face value of their ticket or 50% off
the admission cost to the rearranged fixture.
- If the game is abandoned after the whistle has gone for the
commencement of the second half of the game then ticket holders in the
ground will not be entitled to any concessions in respect of the rearranged
fixture.

So I doubt that SUFC would argue the case much as it is exactly what we would have done.

given the similarity in the wording of the two clauses , I would hazard a guess that this is the minimum as stipulated by the football league and its just been cut and pasted into the two clubs Charters.

From SUFC's Charter

21. The Club's policy on postponed and abandoned games is as follows:
- On the day of the game if the game is postponed before kick off then ticket
holders in the ground will be entitled to a full refund / credit, less any
booking fee, or free admission to the rearranged fixture.
- If the game is abandoned after kick off, but before the whistle goes for the
commencement of the second half, the ticket holders in the ground will be
entitled to a 50% refund / credit on the face value of their ticket
or 50% off
the admission cost to the rearranged fixture.
- If the game is abandoned after the whistle has gone for the
commencement of the second half of the game then ticket holders in the
ground will not be entitled to any concessions in respect of the rearranged
fixture.

So I doubt that SUFC would argue the case much as it is exactly what we would have done.

given the similarity in the wording of the two clauses , I would hazard a guess that this is the minimum as stipulated by the football league and its just been cut and pasted into the two clubs Charters.

Nope. Our charter is slightly better in that the club will offer a 50% refund OR 50% off the re-arranged ticket price. Aldershot don't have that in their charter.

Chris Phillips is asking for people to email him at

chris.phillips@nqe.com

with their views on this so he can publish them..please include your full name and location.

The match will be scrapped from the annuls of history, it essentially does not exist therefore it is disgusting not only that full refunds arent being issued by Aldershot but also that Dicko's yellow card isnt wiped out (I know this is covered in another thread).
The football league need to answer to this.

Back