• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
So they don't want to issue refunds. Then perhaps they may like a visit from health and safety about the disgusting low iron beams that i nearly concussed myself on at the back of the tiered seating stand. No warning notices just two very low girders that in the dim light you could not possibly see. The woman sitting in the seat below them was constantly warning people not to knock themselves out, anyone over 5 foot 7. One row of seating also had to be roped off as it had come away from it's fittings and people had to move to the terraces. As for the cast iron girders, they are a disgrace and the sooner someone gets knocked out and sues this tin pot outfit the better!

Wiggles, dearest. I know you're a lady of principles who'll put their money where their mouth is.

Here are the contact details for Rushmoor Borough Council. I'm sure you'll be all over it.

:Worthy:

Thanks for that, if they have to spend 300 quid on getting it sorted then job done. Will bell them this afternoon, hope the workman employed to rectify the hazard is better than the electrician!

Thanks for that, if they have to spend 300 quid on getting it sorted then job done. Will bell them this afternoon, hope the workman employed to rectify the hazard is better than the electrician!

please keep us posted of you are lucky to get any kind of positive from the council im always banging my head being 6ft 2in it makes me wonder how they got there safety ceritifcate for this season , i hope they take notice and take the necessary action

please keep us posted of you are lucky to get any kind of positive from the council im always banging my head being 6ft 2in it makes me wonder how they got there safety ceritifcate for this season , i hope they take notice and take the necessary action

Will do, there gonna regret this tight arse ticket policy!

Phoned health and safety today and got the right man. He was extremely interested and said that he was in contact with Southend United already. Said he was gonna send a man down there immediately to check it all out including the collapsed row of seating. Was most helpful and didn't seem surprised as it was Aldershot Town. Gave me his name and number and asked me to be the eyes and ears for any more problems for the replay at which i told him i will never climb that hill and queue at two turnstiles ever again. Said he will ring me back with findings early next week. Don't wanna cause problems for a tinpot club but head butting them girders could have ruined me looks!

Phoned health and safety today and got the right man. He was extremely interested and said that he was in contact with Southend United already. Said he was gonna send a man down there immediately to check it all out including the collapsed row of seating. Was most helpful and didn't seem surprised as it was Aldershot Town. Gave me his name and number and asked me to be the eyes and ears for any more problems for the replay at which i told him i will never climb that hill and queue at two turnstiles ever again. Said he will ring me back with findings early next week. Don't wanna cause problems for a tinpot club but head butting them girders could have ruined me looks!

Great work :thumbsup:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the ground is owned by the council, so any repairs will probably have to be paid by them, not by the football club.

So they don't want to issue refunds. Then perhaps they may like a visit from health and safety about the disgusting low iron beams that i nearly concussed myself on at the back of the tiered seating stand. No warning notices just two very low girders that in the dim light you could not possibly see. The woman sitting in the seat below them was constantly warning people not to knock themselves out, anyone over 5 foot 7. One row of seating also had to be roped off as it had come away from it's fittings and people had to move to the terraces. As for the cast iron girders, they are a disgrace and the sooner someone gets knocked out and sues this tin pot outfit the better!

I wouldn't waste your time. Every ground is subject to a quarterly inspection and is risk assessed. The HSE would not be interested as it is not either a potentially life threatening incident nor one likely to cause serious injury to many people. Rushmoor Council would simply advise you that the premises has been inspected.

The real crux is that any changes to premises has to be reasonable. From what you've said, in order to rectify the problem the stand would need to be rebuilt, and that isn't reasonable.

"Then perhaps they may like a visit from health and safety about the disgusting low iron beams that i nearly concussed myself on at the back of the tiered seating stand."

Or perhaps you should just open you sodding eyes or wear glasses?

A lot of you are becoming really tiresome.

The ground has got a H&S certificate issued by the very people who are "so interested" in your winging... so any problem would fall back at their feet for giving it the all clear in the first place. Are you THAT thick that you can't see this either?

Jesus fellas, get over it.

"Then perhaps they may like a visit from health and safety about the disgusting low iron beams that i nearly concussed myself on at the back of the tiered seating stand."

Or perhaps you should just open you sodding eyes or wear glasses?

A lot of you are becoming really tiresome.

The ground has got a H&S certificate issued by the very people who are "so interested" in your winging... so any problem would fall back at their feet for giving it the all clear in the first place. Are you THAT thick that you can't see this either?

Jesus fellas, get over it.

Wiggy is a girl and a serial whinger.

Perhaps because by reading the other side of the story, I can try and form a balanced view on events?

There are "some" of your supporters who are reasonable about it - yes, I agree it was a poor state of events, but any sympathy I did have at the start has now vanashed by the total over reaction about getting our club "fined" or how our club "did it on purpose" because you were winning 1-0...

We can't affect what our club do and quite frankly, I don't care if your supporters want to spend their money or time chasing lost causes - we're supporters at the end of the day and therefore have the same lack of influence on what our club spend it's money, so fill your boots.

A lot of your posters, club statements and player quotes that I have read are bleating on like primary school children trying to argue that "our dad is bigger than yours" and it has only painted your club in a bad light as far as I am concerned so from starting with the moral high ground, you're now viewed by many of us in a bad light which is hardly a positive move in my view.

The fact is, the lights went out. It happens from time to time at certain clubs. First time I ever remember it happeneing at a game I've been at and we've been losing by more than one goal before...

We've all been to games that have been called off (I drove to Blythe Spartains once and the same happened), it happens. M

any clubs only give you 50% reduction on re-arranged games that are called off at half time.

YOUR club failed to return the tickets it didn't sell so that's why some of you ended up with Shrewsbury tickets - it happens, but many of you are happy to moan without checking the fact's and even more are happy to present their unfounded opinions as "fact" and like sheep, many more of you to believe them, and when presented with facts, just dismiss them because they dont then suit your arguments.

As a football supporter, I would like to have seen the whole issue dealt with in a better manner, and I feel for those of you who travelled just as I do for anyone who has wasted an afternoon following their team when a game has been called off/abandoned, but I'm sure our club will learn from it - just as those who have lost out will hopefully read the "terms and conditions" set out by each club before travelling... but lets face it, do you read the T&C for ANYTHING, I know I don't.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season.

Good points, Swindon Shot.

The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge. Ezekiel [18:2]

If you want Biblical quotes try this one

Genesis 1

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. But only for forty-five minutes in Aldershot.

1-0 to me.

Well - what is done, is done.

Let it be, let it be, there will be an answer, let it be. Lenon & McCartney

Perhaps we should look to the future ...........

We shall this day light such a candle by God's grace in Southend (sic) as shall never be put out. Bishop Hugh Latimer

Back