• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

YOUR club failed to return the tickets it didn't sell so that's why some of you ended up with Shrewsbury tickets - it happens, but many of you are happy to moan without checking the fact's and even more are happy to present their unfounded opinions as "fact" and like sheep, many more of you to believe them, and when presented with facts, just dismiss them because they dont then suit your arguments.

The game was the day after Christmas day, a day that post is not collected/delivered so how can they expect SUFC to send them back apart from on the day, which would be too late?

So they don't want to issue refunds. Then perhaps they may like a visit from health and safety about the disgusting low iron beams that i nearly concussed myself on at the back of the tiered seating stand. No warning notices just two very low girders that in the dim light you could not possibly see. The woman sitting in the seat below them was constantly warning people not to knock themselves out, anyone over 5 foot 7. One row of seating also had to be roped off as it had come away from it's fittings and people had to move to the terraces. As for the cast iron girders, they are a disgrace and the sooner someone gets knocked out and sues this tin pot outfit the better!

You never fail to make me wet!

The game was the day after Christmas day, a day that post is not collected/delivered so how can they expect SUFC to send them back apart from on the day, which would be too late?

Again... a little research and you would have found the answer:

From our General Manager Richard Petty

"I have noticed that once again in this thread [the Shotsweb: How Thick Are Some Southend Supporters? thread] there is mention of the "Wrong" ticket stubs, I had thought this issue had been covered earlier in the thread but perhaps it slipped by without being fully noted.

"Because of an accident on the motorway the unsold tickets that we needed for the turnstiles which were being brought back from Southend (By Southend) were held up in the lengthy traffic delays.

"Without any tickets to sell the turnstiles for away supporters could not be opened, our Club Secretary with the approval of the saftey officer used his initiative and allowed the turnstiles to be opened using unsold tickets left over from the Shrewsbury game, this meant that Southend supporters paying on the day were able to enter the ground and take their place, use the facilities and get refreshments after their journey rather than have to stand waiting outside with nothing other than a locked turnstile to look at.

"This use of old tickets was for the benefit of the southend supporters and continued to be sold until eventually the correct tickets arrived and they were then sold and the remaining Shrewsbury tickets taken off sale.

"I do hope that now answers the questions over the tickets."

I suppose it our clubs fault that your club didn't leave enough time to get to Aldershot now? And before the usual suspects start to say it isn't your fault there was a traffic jam... they could have checked the Travel Information before setting off... how tinpot of you ;)

"I have noticed that once again in this thread [the Shotsweb: How Thick Are Some Southend Supporters? thread] there is mention of the "Wrong" ticket stubs, I had thought this issue had been covered earlier in the thread but perhaps it slipped by without being fully noted.

"Because of an accident on the motorway the unsold tickets that we needed for the turnstiles which were being brought back from Southend (By Southend) were held up in the lengthy traffic delays.

"Without any tickets to sell the turnstiles for away supporters could not be opened, our Club Secretary with the approval of the saftey officer used his initiative and allowed the turnstiles to be opened using unsold tickets left over from the Shrewsbury game, this meant that Southend supporters paying on the day were able to enter the ground and take their place, use the facilities and get refreshments after their journey rather than have to stand waiting outside with nothing other than a locked turnstile to look at.

"This use of old tickets was for the benefit of the southend supporters and continued to be sold until eventually the correct tickets arrived and they were then sold and the remaining Shrewsbury tickets taken off sale.

I suppose it our clubs fault that your club didn't leave enough time to get to Aldershot now? And before the usual suspects start to say it isn't your fault there was a traffic jam... they could have checked the Travel Information before setting off... how tinpot of you ;)

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much [Shakespeare, Hamlet]

I think that you are now getting a little closer to laying the blame at the correct door. The real culprit is surely none other than the Southend Chairman, Mr Ron Martin, for as far as many are concerned it is his fault and his fault alone that we are in this crappy league full of tinpot clubs with dodgy floodlights and waterlogged-prone pitches in the first place.

Maybe Ron, you might feel it is time to hang your head in shame and dig deep to refund all those poor sods who spent a packet following their beloved Blues to the end of the earth - or at least lay on free travel for the rearranged match:thumbsup:.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much [Shakespeare, Hamlet]

Or you could have said Get thee to a nunnery

although my preferred Hamlet quote would have to be Seems Madam! Nay it is; I know not 'seems'.

Who would have thought some ticket stubs and a piece of iron would have led to such a Shakesperean scenario ........

perhaps Aldershot should consider Macbeth ....... A little water clears us of this deed.

I think that you are now getting a little closer to laying the blame at the correct door. The real culprit is surely none other than the Southend Chairman, Mr Ron Martin, for as far as many are concerned it is his fault and his fault alone that we are in this crappy league full of tinpot clubs with dodgy floodlights and waterlogged-prone pitches in the first place.

Lots of laughter :hilarious:.......... there is always Ron Martin lurking in the background somewhere ..........:clap:

Or you could have said Get thee to a nunnery

although my preferred Hamlet quote would have to be Seems Madam! Nay it is; I know not 'seems'.

Who would have thought some ticket stubs and a piece of iron would have led to such a Shakesperean scenario ........

perhaps Aldershot should consider Macbeth ....... A little water clears us of this deed.

Fair is foul and foul is fair. Hover through the fog and filthy air. Bang on I'd say!
See those 4x grammar schools in Sarfend work:smile:

Seems as if your club were indeed aware of the travel delays which the Southend fans were subjected to on boxing day then. Another reason that they should have reviewed their money grabbing pricing policy and offered those football people a refund, which due to their floodlight incompetence is due IMHO.

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Let all just look forwards to the re-arranged Aldershot Town vs Thames Estuary Galacticos whenever its rearranged, eh?

Read and use your heads not your heart. Look at yourselves for whinging and whining. We were lucky enough to host a true big club, with true supporters yesterday, who have really fallen on hard times, what a credit they were. Fans, Players and Club.Even Aldershot hate Crawley but do you not what, Southend are disliked more now for the way Southend, Fans,Players and club have behaved.

Happy new year

Sorry shot. My comment was about the treatment of our fans, not bigging up Southend. I'm sure most clubs would offer some kind of refund, including those much smaller than Southend and Aldershot. Anyway, as you say let's move on

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Let all just look forwards to the re-arranged Aldershot Town vs Thames Estuary Galacticos whenever its rearranged, eh?

Read and use your heads not your heart. Look at yourselves for whinging and whining. We were lucky enough to host a true big club, with true supporters yesterday, who have really fallen on hard times, what a credit they were. Fans, Players and Club.Even Aldershot hate Crawley but do you not what, Southend are disliked more now for the way Southend, Fans,Players and club have behaved.

Happy new year

Alder**** -- tin-pot, non-league -- end of.

Back